• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Whatsit

So...I have been wearing the jacket quite a bit now that it is getting a little cooler out. Been out in the rain twice, and while it still gets wet like any semi-aniline jacket, it seems to be more water resistant than any of the other semi-aniline jackets I had from Eastman, to Good Wear, to Diamond Dave.

This is going to sound odd, but I didn't want to like the jacket. This thing has won me over. You are missing out if you do not have one in your closet.

Bombing IP

Some people on the forum knew Platon ,what nationality is he .Why did he move from England to Greece to make Jackets ? .

BIP

Officer Dibley

I'll take Silver Surfer's word, and VAST experience in original A-2's on the hide used ;):

You make a couple of errors which are easily made as we don't know each other;

1:Don't assume i'm trying to sway anyone away from purchasing your jackets... oops sorry, someones jackets....

2. This is all opinion and personal preferences and so it's only what you think that should matter to you. it's blindingly obvious we do not share much in common when it comes to jacket evaluation and what we each look for so why bother trying to put me in my "place" ?
3. "Vast experience", no-one knows everything and as soon as you put yourself or someone on a pedestal, you have become truly ignorant. You know nothing about my experience because i don't crow about it.

And now, according to you, I believe a ;) is now in order.

Whatsit

It’s currently 11:34 pm in Greece. So I’ve given up hope to receive a tracking number today. They are GMT+2

Whatsit

If you don’t mind me asking again, So other then empty what is the make of your pipe @Officer Dibley ? Or was the pipe just a prop for your picture? I ask because I collect pipes. Have for the last 25 years

Technonut2112

You make a couple of errors which are easily made as we don't know each other;

1:Don't assume i'm trying to sway anyone away from purchasing your jackets... oops sorry, someones jackets....

2. This is all opinion and personal preferences and so it's only what you think that should matter to you. it's blindingly obvious we do not share much in common when it comes to jacket evaluation and what we each look for so why bother trying to put me in my "place" ?
3. "Vast experience", no-one knows everything and as soon as you put yourself or someone on a pedestal, you have become truly ignorant. You know nothing about my experience because i don't crow about it.

And now, according to you, I believe a ;) is now in order.

I was merely stating that I would take Silver Surfer's VAST experience with A-2 jackets, which is respected, and renowned on this forum, and comparison pics showing Platon's jacket over his original Dubow, over one who has no comparison to show...;)

Last edited:

Juanito

I don't think I have seen so much handwringing...and no, the grain has nothing in common with a stamped steerhide G-1. As Silver Surfer stated, it is going to take some time to break in; I've gotten mine wet from rain and it is barely starting to just develop some creases and character. It is going to take some time as it should.

stanier

Surely today a jacket will arrive with its proud owner who will kindly post some pics here. Or will we just have more meandering?? The anticipation is turning to frustration!!

Technonut2112

thumb_stalking-the-mailman-uaintseen-nothin-yet-mrvapememe-vape-vapeon-vaping-262373.jpg