• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Technonut2112

Platon is not out sourcing these jackets. They are made in Greece by Platon’s own hand.

From what I gather, Platon is NOT making the jackets.. He has someone else doing it unless I misunderstood... EDIT: AFAIK, the person actually making the jackets is also in Greece..

So, at Dubow Mfg we have adopted the same sizing system BK are using for
their A-2 jackets.

Last edited:

Skyhawk

From what I gather, Platon is NOT making the jackets.. He has someone else doing it unless I misunderstood...

No one said that. His site says made in Greece so we can assume that they are. The question was raised that if he was out sourcing, how would he control the quality.

Technonut2112

No one said that. His site says made in Greece so we can assume that they are. The question was raised that if he was out sourcing, how would he control the quality.

I edited my above post to reflect that AFAIK, the person making them is also in Greece..

Pilot

No worries, will find out...
Having an unconfirmed appointment with the other greek maker ( to square out some “ misunderstandings...”on FB...) hence no sweat ...happy to also pay a visit to the laboring neighbors.
A very nice member here sent me the senders address of his Dubow russet jacket...so..lets have a party there and some fun..

Last edited:

Technonut2112

I just heard from Platon, and indeed he is not personally making the jackets.. I WAS told however, that a size 44 seal Dubow will be on eBay sometime later today or tomorrow. It is completed, and will ship right out after purchased..

Pilot

I just heard from Platon, and indeed he is not personally making the jackets.. I WAS told however, that a size 44 seal Dubow will be on eBay sometime later today or tomorrow. It is completed, and will ship right out after purchased..
Please clarify...do I understand it correctly...for others who are waiting...”please understand...Greasebay first.”..???
Sorry maybe I do misunderstand or my english is not enough to understand this...sorry.

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Please clarify...do I understand it correctly...for others who are waiting...please understand...Greasebay first...???
Sorry maybe my english is not enough to understand this...sorry.

He had an extra size 44 seal come in that he is just going to place on eBay for immediate shipment. It does not affect any other orders which are being shipped... It is a chance for someone who wasn't in-line to grab one in a 44 if they see it fast enough.. ;)

Pilot

He had an extra size 44 seal come in that he is just going to place on eBay for immediate shipment. It does not affect any other orders which are being shipped... It is a chance for someone who wasn't in-line to grab one in a 44 if they see it fast enough.. ;)
A pit- pit 24” might work out...so this means..others wait 6-8 weeks or what ever..and one with a lucky 44” chest gets it right away...all others 44” chest orders, thx for waiting......( I have a lot of enemies from now on..)..;););)

Technonut2112

A pit- pit 24” might work out...so this means..others wait 6-8 weeks or what ever..and one with a lucky 44” chest gets it right away...all others 44” chest orders, thx for waiting......( I have a lot of enemies from now on..)..;););)

The 44 has a pit-pit of 23.5"..... As I said, the extra size 44 jacket does NOT affect any existing orders which are being shipped. Everyone who was in-line for a 44 will be taken care of... This one is an EXTRA which happened to come in...

EDIT: IMO, it is a good way to let an extra jacket go without showing favoritism to anyone else... I gather he's caught-up on size 44 seal orders. No one knows when Platon is going to put it up today or tomorrow, and it will be a 'first-come / first-serve' kind of thing.

Last edited:

Pilot

The 44 has a pit-pit of 23.5"..... As I said, the extra size 44 jacket does NOT affect any existing orders which are being shipped. Everyone who was in-line for a 44 will be taken care of... This one is an EXTRA which happened to come in...

EDIT: IMO, it is a good way to let an extra jacket go without showing favoritism to anyone else... I gather he's caught-up on size 44 seal orders. No one knows when Platon is going to put it up today or tomorrow, and it will be a 'first-come / first-serve' kind of thing.
Thx... If I am fast enough, I will hit the button...( via a friend of mine since I quit long time ago on Greasebay).
Just asking to the members...any seal 44” orders ?

Last edited:

Technonut2112

So why are we dealing with Platon if he’s not making these?

Well, it's a business which Platon started, and the craftsman making the jackets works for him. Platon has years of previous experience working with Andy at Bill Kelso, and has been around both the manufacturing and selling-end long enough to hopefully make a successful go of it. Platon has also handled MANY different original contracts, and is the 'knowledge' behind the business.. He more than likely had to train the machine operator all of the 'tricks' and finer points of A-2 jacket construction..

Last edited: