• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Pilot

Or usually from GW, Eastman, Aero, Headwind, etc.... Most of the time purchased from a sample jacket pic, made for an individual, then delivered... ;)
Not my experience with GW, AERO and ELC...I bought all my jackets on their sales page or after an inquiry “ any ex stock available”...but always saw “my “ jacket prior hitting the button...
RMCJ and BR, I go in their outlets in Japan to buy.
First exception with Platoon...and it matches for X-Mas...surprise surprise...looking forward to it.

Officer Dibley

Or usually from GW, Eastman, Aero, Headwind, etc.... Most of the time purchased from a sample jacket pic, made for an individual, then delivered... ;)

Nope. I always buy a jacket i have seen-always. I don't care what other idiots want to do. This idiot isn't that daft.

Still, i'm sure YOUR company has a good returns policy ;)

Technonut2112

Nope. I always buy a jacket i have seen-always. I don't care what other idiots want to do. This idiot isn't that daft.

Still, i'm sure YOUR company has a good returns policy ;)

Which one, 5-Star from Lahore, or Platon's in Greece? Both?? :p I just roll with the best deals, and give props to whoever is giving them. ;)

EDIT: Mustn't forget AliExpress out of China.... :)

Pilot

Which one, 5-Star from Lahore, or Platon's in Greece? Both?? :p I just roll with the best deals, and give props to whoever is giving them. ;)

EDIT: Mustn't forget AliExpress out of China.... :)
Platoon ...
If I have an issue, this time ... I will handcarry my jacket back...to the senders address on the parcel...Learned it the hard way...

Last edited:

Juanito

EDIT: Regarding purchasing jackets before seeing an ACTUAL pic of the jacket... Common practice around these parts, isn't it? There's usually a sample pic, one pays for a copy of said sample pic jacket in their size, the jacket is made, THEN shipped and seen by the buyer for more than likely the 1st time (unless production pics were sent)... ;)

Fully agree with that am part, especially if the jacket comes from Pakistan or India...

Technonut2112, you are the best Sales Manager Platoon could have, you convinced me , so I just ordered a Seal one...happy to receive it it promissed 6 weeks...
This is going to be interesting...then again, I don't much like Stuart from LW and I still buy his jackets.

Whatsit

Oh not sure what others that are tracking their jackets but mine has reached the Athens Airport. Looks like not movement since 3 am Saturday.

Officer Dibley

Oh the suspense........... :D
soon there will be much crowing and happiness.
Then there'll be the waiting whilst owners spend months putting wear onto the jackets.
Then the selling on by 70%.
Seen it all before with every previous maker regardless of budget.
If something seems to good to be true, it always is....
The world really does turn in circles. o_O

silvio76

Then there'll be the waiting whilst owners spend months putting wear onto the jackets.
Do not be so sarcastic. I do not see any reason why buyers wil not be satisfied.

Officer Dibley

Do not be so sarcastic. I do not see any reason why buyers wil not be satisfied.

Nothing sarcastic. Check the OED definition.
Simply observations from the last 25 years.
When something is cheap, you get what you pay for. Fact. I'll remind you of this post in 12 months ;)

Whatsit

If ever I’m feeling too good about myself or life I now know who I need to have a chat with :0)

Last edited:

Teddy

Friendly neighbours just gave me my parcel so here's your first sneak peek into the Platon Dubow seal:

VKxarik.jpg

O9r3ifE.jpg

Km8Pr8Z.jpg