• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Teddy

Still no news on mine. Ordered on August 21 so I might be behind @Whatsit and @Technonut2112. Well, if it's shipping out Friday then it's no difference than shipping out Monday and waiting until next weekend to get it. Quality above speed.

Whatsit

Still no news on mine. Ordered on August 21 so I might be behind @Whatsit and @Technonut2112. Well, if it's shipping out Friday then it's no difference than shipping out Monday and waiting until next weekend to get it. Quality above speed.
Pre Platon’s email yesterday
“Jackets getting completed today, mailing Jackets tomorrow”
So I think he’s mailing everyone’s. But again I thought Platon was physically making these jackets and more then likely thought other things too that aren’t correct. I still haven’t received my tracking number either.

Whatsit

Well, if it's shipping out Friday then it's no difference than shipping out Monday and waiting until next weekend to get it. Quality above speed.
Well if we still don’t have the tracking numbers that means there’s no way these are mailing today as it’s more then likely 9 p.m. or later at this point

Officer Dibley

12 pages and still no sign of a satisfied customer....
I know they say there's no such thing as bad publicity but so much speculation and not a single photo.
The goods will struggle to meet the hype and expectation of many.
Oh the humanity ! :cool:

Pilot

Paypal??? maybe???
Any 44” ordered...apparently ” soonest” one on the Greasebay...

Technonut2112

Well if we still don’t have the tracking numbers that means there’s no way these are mailing today as it’s more then likely 9 p.m. or later at this point

Even when we receive tracking #'s, it will more than likely be like Silver Surfer's "label created" experience, and like many other international shipments going 'regular' mail.. One will see it's been accepted (or "label created"), and then a virtual black-out for a few days until it hits the States (in my case), or not at all until it arrives. I order a good bit of 'regular' mail items from China, and am used to it..

Whatsit

I know they say there's no such thing as bad publicity but so much speculation and not a single photo.
Ha! What type of pipe do you have in your photo Officer Dibley?

Technonut2112

In the russet department, Juanito is VERY satisfied with his, and recently Silver Surfer: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/platon-dubow-seal.21478/page-7#post-217067... I'm sure the seals will soon follow suit...

Officer Dibley

In the russet department, Juanito is VERY satisfied with his, and recently Silver Surfer: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/platon-dubow-seal.21478/page-7#post-217067... I'm sure the seals will soon follow suit...

The grain looks TO ME like those awful G-1's that had the grain stamped on them (or were cowhide?) Not my cuppa tea personally. Glad i cancelled my order til there's more evidence/examples. Wasted enough money over the years chasing Shadows......

Technonut2112

I take it no one here has purchased an Eastman from HPA, or from Aero, Steve Sellers, etc.. with a sometimes 4+ month wait? God forbid a GW at 2.5+ years! :eek: Also hand-crafted goods from Farcebook groups, etc... Like I previously posted, I usually have to wait 4 months just to get one of my lids blocked from John Penman (an excellent hat-maker FYI).. ;)

Technonut2112

The grain looks TO ME like those awful G-1's that had the grain stamped on them (or were cowhide?) Not my cuppa tea personally. Glad i cancelled my order til there's more evidence/examples. Wasted enough money over the years chasing Shadows......

I'll take Silver Surfer's word, and VAST experience in original A-2's on the hide used ;):

interesting that the hides on my jacket are so very similar to those of my original dubow 23379 [see pix].

303F3BDA-574B-431F-A1A7-27680DAAC520.jpeg

Pilot

I take it no one here has purchased an Eastman from HPA, or from Aero, Steve Sellers, etc.. with a sometimes 4+ month wait? God forbid a GW at 2.5+ years! :eek: Also hand-crafted goods from Farcebook groups, etc... Like I previously posted, I usually have to wait 4 months just to get one of my lids blocked from John Penman (an excellent hat-maker FYI).. ;)
ELC B-3, B-15, sharp 3 weeks
BK A-2 long 8 weeks 4-6 were promised
AERO A-2 sharp 4 weeks
RMC Japan B-10 sharp 2 minutes
GW A-2 RW sharp 4 days.

All after my order of course..incl. GW...

Every comunication email was spot on and never any miss nor lie on when delivery will be..

Good morning to Europe from Seoul..

Last edited:

Whatsit

I had someone tell me that the grain matches the original like it was cut from the same piece of leather. I think those of us that bought one will be more then happy and if/when the prices go up the same early group will be all the more happy.

Last edited: