• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New M-422 is finally here

Otter

Rutger said:
ButteMT61 said:
... it was a war, not a show for Ralph Lauren!

But it sure was for Hugo Boss. Long and deadly catwalk (nowadays also called runway, which is an affront in my humble opinion) though.

Which is why I have never owned nor ever shall own anything made by Boss, some of us still remember exactly who he supplied uniforms to.

jonnyboy

Fantastic looking jacket! I really like the mouton colour, and it looks like it's made from nice goatskin.

When things have picked up for me, and I've got some cash, I'll definitely get one. I love wearing my 1950s G-1, but it would be nice to have an accurate repro like this to put all the wear into myself.

Well done!

Cheers,

Jon

A

Anonymous

Wow! this is hot
I borrowed a better camera and shot some photos in daylight.
Although I made them small for the forum, I think the grain is still visible.
The grain is thick like in the originals.

Enjoy
(some photos are just impossible to rotate on imageshack, sorry about that)

img0634n.jpg

img0635da.jpg

img0636kn.jpg

img0637es.jpg

img0640ab.jpg

img0641pq.jpg

img0642b.jpg

img0646l.jpg

img0647p.jpg

img0648vv.jpg

img0651x.jpg

img0654em.jpg

img0655pe.jpg

img0656tqp.jpg

img0669nl.jpg

img0671ox.jpg

img0673mr.jpg

img0674f.jpg

img0680vx.jpg

img0681hx.jpg

stevetfire

Good Job Platon, your obviously and quite rightly very pleased with it....I would definatley consider one when your fully ready for production ..love the grain ;)

A

Anonymous

If you are just going to toss that jacket around outside send it to me I have room in my closet.

ButteMT61

If they come with dandelions, I'll take two. Now I have to save for Jon's Irvin and one of these.
Good work all!

B-Man2

Great Looking jacket. Include me in the "got to have it list."
You'll probably get a few others on that list if you'd offiicially annouce the price of the jacket. ;)

ButteMT61

Only nit to pick now that the excitement is over...
The leather bits where the zipper box is at the knits are not well proportioned (left & right). The one (looking at the jacket) on the right is a bit larger and it looks odd. Zipped it would look bad, unzipped it would be passable.
Just an observation meant to be constructive. :)

A

Anonymous

nothing to worry about

img0690mj.jpg

it was caused the male side of the zip that is there obstructs the leather and not giving it enough space to be turned and tucked under there. The fix is to sew the zip 1/8 higher.

A

Anonymous

See the real mccoy's?
2468503250104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

it's the same thing.

Originals?
same thing
P1060951.jpg

Also look at this:

Original Willis & Geiger m422 - zipper invisible
23351714.jpg

Original Willis & Geiger m422 - zipper visible
m422a.jpg

Bill Kelso made it invisible, because that's how the original example used was.

Thanks for the comments. This is the first prototype jacket.
There will be some fine tuning and the production jackets will be perfect.

Andrew

Anyone know if goatskin reacts to hwt like HH? Never had a new goat jacket so I have no idea how long it'd take to start looking anything like the last original examples Platons posted (hopefully not 60 years).

ButteMT61

Thanks PLATON. You guys sure copied it! Now, is this intentional? I only ask because if it is, I don't get it :)
But thanks for posting. I know little about the jacket aside from wanting one!

Peter Graham

Otter said:
Rutger said:
ButteMT61 said:
... it was a war, not a show for Ralph Lauren!

But it sure was for Hugo Boss. Long and deadly catwalk (nowadays also called runway, which is an affront in my humble opinion) though.

Which is why I have never owned nor ever shall own anything made by Boss, some of us still remember exactly who he supplied uniforms to.
Errr, who ? I know I'm in a minority here but I think that colour of mouton just looks wrong on a brand new jacket.

stevetfire

Andrew said:
Anyone know if goatskin reacts to hwt like HH? Never had a new goat jacket so I have no idea how long it'd take to start looking anything like the last original examples Platons posted (hopefully not 60 years).
Andrew , I have used hwt on on New goat elc G1 and it works a treat...can be done without involving the knits
, not sure of your technique...but I run hot water tap just over a trickle and wet sleeves and whatever other parts I feel need it
, so not enough to wet the lining but it sure brings out the grain and gets some good arm creasing going on
Similar shrinkage to HH I would say.....not as drastic as putting in washing machine ;)

767fo

Nice jacket Platon. Kelso has come a long way since you first posted one of his A2's here.