• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help I feel an A-2 coming on ...

asiamiles

John Lever said:
I have seen a great looking jacket but it's probably sacrilege to say so but it's the BR hand aniline dye version made from bronco hide. Expensive though at £1000 plus duty etc.

Is that one of those being sold by HPA, or something you've seen on a Jp website?

John Lever

asiamiles said:
John Lever said:
I have seen a great looking jacket but it's probably sacrilege to say so but it's the BR hand aniline dye version made from bronco hide. Expensive though at £1000 plus duty etc.

Is that one of those being sold by HPA, or something you've seen on a Jp website?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... B:eek:fficial

It's the 20960 version if the address is just to the website and not the particular page.

John Lever said:
I think I might have caught the A-2 bug.
I like the ELC Werber. Is it a good one to go for ?

Johno,

I've followed the whole thread, and feel the need to impart the clarity of thought brought on by consumption of Stella Artois and a splash of Pinot Gris.

Choice of A-2 by committee is a waste of time.

The way I see it jacket season is drawing to a close for you, thus no time pressure.

You live in the land of Eastman. Make an appointment, fill up the Audi, and go to the Eastman factory and try them all on for size. Tell the taxman you're visiting clients...claim the mileage and the hotel room.

If you time your visit, there should be plenty on the racks for display/sale at a Duxford Airshow.

They may not do custom work, but at least you can see the jackets in the flesh and experience for yourself the differences in fit, getting it right first time is huge, no angst, no eBay, no try it again, you know what I mean....

Simple really...

Bevan.

John Lever

Stella Artois !!!
No local Kiwi microbrewery ???
Bevan what you say is very good advice particularly the Duxford idea, which is closer than Plymouth.

Roughwear

Sound advice as always from Bevan. John, the ELC mobile shop will only be at Duxford at the July Flying Legends airshow and at the Spitfire one in early September.

John Lever

Can you tell what it is yet ?

IMGP3549.jpg

IMGP3550.jpg

IMGP3551.jpg

IMGP3552.jpg

IMGP3553.jpg

IMGP3564.jpg

IMGP3565.jpg

IMGP3566.jpg

IMGP3581.jpg

IMGP3586.jpg

I think I could get to like these.

Persimmon

Who else. But how did John get it so quickly or was it already on the way and John has been masking his trail with the Werber possibility.

Persimmon

Aha,
Welcome to the world of A2.
It looks a mighty fine jacket and I like the fit.
Now in A2's whats next !!

A

Anonymous

John Lever said:
It was the shine that did it. I must be part magpie or something.

If you like the shine so much John, maybe something in PVC ................. :eek:

Dave

John Lever

rich said:
And to think, it's only going to get better ............ well done John.
Thanks, Rich.
I have a real soft spot for the shiny slightly waxy leathers. It came as a surprise that the HH is Japanese. I don't associate Japan with that type of industry more with high tech stuff.
The fine details are lost on me as far as maker/contracts go, but it looks ' right ' if you know what I mean.