• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help I feel an A-2 coming on ...

watchmanjimg

John Lever said:
rich said:
And to think, it's only going to get better ............ well done John.
Thanks, Rich.
I have a real soft spot for the shiny slightly waxy leathers. It came as a surprise that the HH is Japanese. I don't associate Japan with that type of industry more with high tech stuff.
The fine details are lost on me as far as maker/contracts go, but it looks ' right ' if you know what I mean.

John:

Congratulations on an excellent choice! The jacket looks great on you. With all due respect to those among us who favor ELC, I'd be very curious to see pictures of any Eastman A-2 displaying such character. Nicely done!

Jim

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
... Is it this jacket by any chance?

I'd be looking fo a source that was closer to home ... if it came from Good Wear, wouldn't it still be in transit, stranded by the, ever present, cloud of volcanic ash?

John Lever

deeb7 said:
Roughwear said:
... Is it this jacket by any chance?

I'd be looking fo a source that was closer to home ... if it came from Good Wear, wouldn't it still be in transit, stranded by the, ever present, cloud of volcanic ash?
It's from Steve in Calif.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bseal said:
Finally got that Buzz Rickson A-1.

birthdaymarchers.gif

John Lever

bseal said:
No, yours, the one for sale several months ago. I bought a hot tub time machine.
Bo**ocks the guy said he would never sell it as it was so good !!
Lets see some pics then ?

John Lever

Do you think the arms are long enough ?
They are the same as my ELC A-1, but with the creases they feel shorter.
IMGP3593-2.jpg

IMGP3601.jpg

IMGP3603.jpg

jonnyboy

Nice jacket!

I think it's a great fit and really suits you. I think the sleeve length looks fine, but then I prefer them to be a little on the short side, rather than too long.

johnwayne

Hey John
I caught the start and now the end of this thread but it looks fine, almost perfect I'd say providing it feels right? I've an original Dubow thats perfect bodywise and about the same length sleeves as yours (on me that is!) and also I've a GW Doniger which feels identcal in the body but maybe an inch longer in the sleeves and to be honest I probably prefer the slighlty shorter sleeve but neither look wrong IMO - the only time I do feel the shorter sleeve may be wrong is when I stretch out my arns and they ride up a little. But then, I'm not in habit of doing that to reach the dials on my P51 (I wish) so its not problem!!! Looks a keeper to me.
Cheers
Wayne

ace1967

Sleeves are perfect John. I've got the same jacket ( a size 44).
the (My) jacket is a bit of a snug b**tard but that's the way it should be.
Same goes for the sleeves, from what i understand they where made a bit on the short side with the wearing of gloves.
regards
Hans

(can't get the size of the image right.But click on image if you will...)

John Lever

I am so glad I asked because knowing Zero about these jackets, I wasn't sure. I really like the jacket, the leather and the fit. If that's how it's supposed to be then I am very happy.
I think I might have caught the bug...
Thanks. :D