• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "The Aeronaut"

John Lever

bseal said:
John Lever said:
They may be bored but the controversial threads always seem to be the most popular, lets face it the forum has been quiet recently.

Then it's settled. All formerly banned members, your privileges are now hereby fully reinstated.

:)
Even the Spanish flea ?

Vcruiser

John Lever said:
bseal said:
John Lever said:
They may be bored but the controversial threads always seem to be the most popular, lets face it the forum has been quiet recently.

Then it's settled. All formerly banned members, your privileges are now hereby fully reinstated.

:)
Even the Spanish flea ?

Yes..!! I think that Bill should email him and beg him back.... :lol:

omarco

I remember rotenhahn, i liked the dude! I think the flea was before my time though :)

back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing the aeronot with buttons

Dr H

John Lever said:
Do you still have the Badalassi(Badass) leather samples I gave you ?

I've found the leather samples John.
How soon do you need them?
cheers
Ian

Smithy

Love the jacket, love the name.

I'm seriously considering splashing out on one of these down the line when I have the spare moolah.

Nicest looking "new" jacket from the usual suspects, but then I'm one of those who think that new Aeromarine thing looks like a sack of the brown stuff.

Well done BK.

sloan1874

John Lever said:
Oh no no...Aero took over a decade to have the jacket made. Ken bought the jacket just before he retired and so the jacket was forgotten for years and years,though I did badger Will every couple of years to make a copy for me. So the first person in to instigate interest in a reproduction was me when I spotted a poorly listed gem on eBay 14 years ago long before anyone else was making one. At that time only LW and Aero were making A-1's, and I don't think there was much demand.
Ken knew it was a beautiful design and always planned to produce it but his involvement at Aero became semi-retirement. When Ken returned to the factory one of his first projects was to get the jacket made. He even had some special leather reserved for the project.
I like the pointed pockets and those 'spade ' shaped ones on my Menlo even more. Many of these jackets lacked a lining , I wonder why ? It does make the arms difficult to put on but there must be a reason. Some lovely old buckles would look good on the waist belts. The ones on my Airmotive would be perfect.

I think Ken badgered Will for a long time too.

sloan1874

Having read right through the thread, one or two things spring to mind about the Aeronaut: as far as the name goes, and setting aside any possible legal issues, surely sticking the name of one of your competitors, gratis, is never a great idea? Perhaps Aero will see it as a compliment of sorts! What next the Eastmanaut? The Goodwearate? :D
Beyond that, and I think this is the nub, BK need to get these jackets on to the backs of real customers. I can't remember the last time I saw a BK jacket of any flavour on the FL - oh, let's just call it the Hat Club, it's the etiquette around here - beyond that unfortunate kerfuffle with Jeff. And correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sure a few are dying to - it's been a bit of a while since any appeared here too. BK's latest stuff look great, almost Good Wear great, but it's all moot if they can't get past the problems that have been listed elsewhere and start getting product out here. Until they do it, I doubt any of the other makers will be lose much sleep.

ButteMT61

I myself couldn't care less about the legal mumbo jumbo with the makers.
I too look at pics and think that these guys might be making killer jackets. But I see people waiting and new models or partial models roled out and think "customers aren't important".
There's only so much fawning one can do over pics and stories. Lets see customers with jackets. I know a couple here and elsewhere waiting.
If BK could make what I've seen here and deliver, they'd be a force in the world of hides. As it stands, it's mostly smoke and mirrors and odd testimonials from afar.

Vcruiser

What happened to the 'free BK jacket' that was supposed to be awarded months ago? I've not seen any review.