• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "The Aeronaut"

Jeff M

John Lever said:
Try Applenaut and see what happens :lol:

Or "Gibsonaut".
Or "Olympicnaut"
Or "Fordnaut"
Or "Levisnaut"

It isn't whether they would win the suit.
It's whether Aero is pissed of at the use of their name, and is willing to spend the money on attorney fees.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume Aero isn't looking at this. They ARE Scottish after all. :lol:

Dr H

I might have missed the point Jeff, being less educated than MiniMe and no solicitor, but into all of the above are shoehorned TMs or company names whereas the Aero Leather name isn't being used, is it?
Aero is a recognised prefix (in this noun), rather than an Aero Naut; it's also being used broadly in context if the clothing is aviation based.
Ken has contributed to threads before, perhaps he could comment?
I'm reminded of the discussion of the use of the 'Cossack' model name on FL.

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
John Lever said:
Try Applenaut and see what happens :lol:

Or "Gibsonaut".
Or "Olympicnaut"
Or "Fordnaut"
Or "Levisnaut"

It isn't whether they would win the suit.
It's whether Aero is pissed of at the use of their name, and is willing to spend the money on attorney fees.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume Aero isn't looking at this. They ARE Scottish after all. :lol:

It isn"t their name.
Aero and derivations are used by many companies across the world

Next you will be saying Aero in Scotland will be going after Aeropostale etc
Complete nonsense

It's a great jacket with a complete vintage name of the era
No more no less

Why not focus on the jackets etc and leave the Aero love in back at FL

unclegrumpy

Jeff M said:

Yes, maybe too frugal to hire a barrister, but not to get even. :evil:

What if Aero decided to expand their product line using the Bee Kay Brand and Kelso Sports Togs names? That wouldn't be very nice would it?

I guess I don't see why it is worth risking rocking the boat, when you really don't have to. But then again maybe it is genius, because you have the boys buzzing about BK's stuff.....stuff that is still essentially in the pipeline and not on anyones back yet. :cool:

Jeff M

Dr H said:
I might have missed the point Jeff, being less educated than MiniMe and no solicitor, but into all of the above are shoehorned TMs or company names whereas the Aero Leather name isn't being used, is it?
Aero is a recognised prefix (in this noun), rather than an Aero Naut; it's also being used broadly in context if the clothing is aviation based.
Ken has contributed to threads before, perhaps he could comment?
I'm reminded of the discussion of the use of the 'Cossack' model name on FL.

Persimmon said:
It isn"t their name.
Aero and derivations are used by many companies across the world

Next you will be saying Aero in Scotland will be going after Aeropostale etc
Complete nonsense

It's a great jacket with a complete vintage name of the era
No more no less

Why not focus on the jackets etc and leave the Aero love in back at FL

Guys guys, this isn't about whether Aero "has a case", or about what you or I (or even BK) thinks.
It's about what AERO thinks.
Like it or not, agree with them or not, it remains a possibility that Aero could decide to push the issue.
You don't see it as a possibility.
I do.
All of which matters a hill of beans to Aero, I'm sure. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Where does this understanding come from if I may ask please?

Persimmon

Persimmon said:
Ken at Aero Leather said:
PLATON said:
Where does this understanding come from if I may ask please?

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/pr ... ct_id=2339

Yes that shows that this company choose to cooperate
Where are your European world wide patents and restrictions is the real meaning of the question

I have a leather jacket made by AeroPostale and a leather jacket made by Aeronautica.
Does Aero have licensing agreements with these companies to allow them to make them or does Aero have a licence from them ?????

Or do they just get on with making products for customers ?

Jeff M

Persimmon said:
Andreart said:
does anyone really give a sh*t ? if you do you need to get a life.

It seems only Aero luvies

Alan, pulling up the derogative "Aero lovers" term whenever anybody here or over at the TFL makes any comment you see as being "pro Aero" is old.
It's childish, doesn't add any thing to the discussions at hand, paints anybody who has anything nice to say about Aero with a very broad brush and only shows all how deep your antipathy to Aero is. Chill.

RE; the "Aeronaut".
As I said earlier, it doesn't matter what you, or I, or Platon/BK thinks is "right" or "wrong". What matters is what Aero thinks and what they are willing to do about it. If they are willing to go legal, does BK really want to pony up the money to fight them...even if they may win in the end ?
What with delays in getting orders out, difficulty with getting materials in shop, quality issues (going by my M422), coming out with so many new designs that it looks like they have not "tested" yet, BK already has enough issues on their plate without starting a legal fight with an established company like Aero.

The better part of valor here is to just change the name, move on, and concentrate on the product.
Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and pull a strategic retreat.