• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "The Aeronaut"

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:
Andreart said:
does anyone really give a sh*t ? if you do you need to get a life.

It seems only Aero luvies

Alan, pulling up the derogative "Aero lovers" term whenever anybody here or over at the TFL makes any comment you see as being "pro Aero" is old.
It's childish, doesn't add any thing to the discussions at hand, paints anybody who has anything nice to say about Aero with a very broad brush and only shows all how deep your antipathy to Aero is. Chill.

RE; the "Aeronaut".
As I said earlier, it doesn't matter what you, or I, or Platon/BK thinks is "right" or "wrong". What matters is what Aero thinks and what they are willing to do about it. If they are willing to go legal, does BK really want to pony up the money to fight them...even if they may win in the end ?
What with delays in getting orders out, difficulty with getting materials in shop, quality issues (going by my M422), coming out with so many new designs that it looks like they have not "tested" yet, BK already has enough issues on their plate without starting a legal fight with an established company like Aero.

The better part of valor here is to just change the name, move on, and concentrate on the product.
Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and pull a strategic retreat.

Sorry but you seem to be under the impression that Aero have the world wide rights re a prefix with that word in it. Lets just keep it simple to leather jackets. In fact even simpler to military leather jackets

The answer is ... They do not.

So why should BK just change an appropriate name.
No reason at all

Oh it's ... Luvies !!!

Jeff M

Persimmon said:
Sorry but you seem to be under the impression that Aero have the world wide rights re a prefix with that word in it. Lets just keep it simple to leather jackets. In fact even simpler to military leather jackets

No reason at all

Oh it's ... Luvies !!!

I'm not under the "impression" of anything.
I DO have the experience of being involved in "branding" legal issues, and know that it doesn't matter who is "right" and who is "wrong"...what matters is, is Aero PO'd enough to take legal action.

Persimmon said:
Oh it's ... Luvies !!!

Sorry to say, this didn't surprise me.

A

Anonymous

Guys, why the need to take sides?
Just enjoy the jackets.

The thing with Aero fans is that they don't like it if it's not Aero. I never understood that, but it's OK. It's their right.
Myself, I don't care who made the jacket, if I like it I 'll buy it. I look at the jacket, not the maker.

This is a jacket thread. The legal battles do not belong here. Some members are already very bored. Come on.
Jeff, I 'd like to discuss it with you if you want, but let's do it by PM.

John Lever

They may be bored but the controversial threads always seem to be the most popular, lets face it the forum has been quiet recently.
With all the fuss we have forgotten about the jacket. Can we see a photo of one completed ?

Jeff M

PLATON said:
Guys, why the need to take sides?
Just enjoy the jackets.

The thing with Aero fans is that they don't like it if it's not Aero. I never understood that, but it's OK. It's their right.
Myself, I don't care who made the jacket, if I like it I 'll buy it. I look at the jacket, not the maker.

This is a jacket thread. The legal battles do not belong here. Some members are already very bored. Come on.
Jeff, I 'd like to discuss it with you if you want, but let's do it by PM.

Platon, if you want to tell me what's going on, feel free to PM me.

A

Anonymous

John,
On page 2 of this thread there is a ton of photos.

Jeff, I would love to tell you everything about it, but I gotta run. I hope I will be able to find some time during the weekend and I will write you.

Jeff M

PLATON said:
John,
On page 2 of this thread there is a ton of photos.

Jeff, I would love to tell you everything about it, but I gotta run. I hope I will be able to find some time during the weekend and I will write you.

Thanks Platon, but it's kind of a side issue for me.
My point in this whole discussion is it just seems like BK is waving a red flag in front of a bull. Doesn't really matter if the bull is "justified" or not in charging if you end up flattened by legal fees.
Kind of a "win the battle but loose the war" scenario.

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:

No reason at all

Oh it's ... Luvies !!!

I'm not under the "impression" of anything.

Exactly !!!

I DO have the experience of being involved in "branding" legal issues, and know that it doesn't matter who is "right" and who is "wrong"...what matters is, is Aero PO'd enough to take legal action.

Persimmon said:
Oh it's ... Luvies !!!

Sorry to say, this didn't surprise me.

Ha ha ha , dont tell me you becoming one !

bseal

John Lever said:
They may be bored but the controversial threads always seem to be the most popular, lets face it the forum has been quiet recently.

Then it's settled. All formerly banned members, your privileges are now hereby fully reinstated.

:)

Jeff M

Persimmon said:

Holy cow, give it a break.
If a company delivers a quality product to me on time and is a pleasure to deal with, I like them.
If not, then I'm not a happy camper.
Be it Aero, Bill Kelso, GW, Vanson, Eastman....whoever.

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:

Holy cow, give it a break.
If a company delivers a quality product to me on time and is a pleasure to deal with, I like them.
If not, then I'm not a happy camper.
Be it Aero, Bill Kelso, GW, Vanson, Eastman....whoever.

Jeff
Thats the whole point. Or should be !!!

It is when a company comes comes out with a very good product that should be of wide appeal with an appropriate name it should be welcomed.
Instead all the company seems to get is grief about its name and endless scare tactics.

Simply Aero do not have a world wide restriction (hell lets just stick to European as its more appropriate) on military jackets with a prefix/suffix of Aero.
I have quoted several companies in the thread as a start.

Never mind the Chocolate boys !!!
God help them if they ever do military jackets as a marketing tool giveaway.
Hopefully they will be at least branded Mint.
Who buys them !

So please lets just focus on the jacket and be happy and excited that a company is offering strong imaginative products that are of appeal and stop the complete nonsensical scare tactics.

Jeff M

Persimmon said:
Thats the whole point. Or should be !!!

It is when a company comes comes out with a very good product that should be of wide appeal with an appropriate name it should be welcomed.
Instead all the company seems to get is grief about its name and endless scare tactics.

Simply Aero do not have a world wide restriction (hell lets just stick to European as its more appropriate) on military jackets with a prefix/suffix of Aero.
I have quoted several companies in the thread as a start.

Never mind the Chocolate boys !!!
God help them if they ever do military jackets as a marketing tool giveaway.
Hopefully they will be at least branded Mint.
Who buys them !

So please lets just focus on the jacket and be happy and excited that a company is offering strong imaginative products that are of appeal and stop the complete nonsensical scare tactics.

Alan, I'm not arguing with you about this.
I will gladly debate with you in and adult fashion the quality of a companies product based on personal experience, or how "fair or unfair" one companies policies/legal actions are...but that is NOT what I am doing here.

What you or I think "should be" the point is totally irrelevant.
All I'm saying, for the 4th of 5th time now, is it doesn't make one iota of difference how morally or legally "right or wrong" it is for BK to name this jacket the "Aeronaut" if Aero decides to wage a war of the pocket book over the issue.
Just the other day over at TFL Andy, in reply to a question about an earlier statement that BK was a smaller operation that GW, stated BK does not have the "turnover" that GW does. He clarified that to say they do not have the income.
I don't think it's a wise decision to get into a potentially expensive legal battle with a much larger corporation when your income is less that GW's. Seems to me the resources could better be invested elsewhere at such a precarious stage.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines urging BK to take on a company you seem to hold much antipathy towards.
It's a whole 'nother thing to be financially invested in BK and have to decide the wisest business path.

During the Civil War, England took some actions that sided with the Confederacy.
Urged by members of his cabinet to take military action, Lincoln replied "one battle at a time."
BK's battle is not with Aero.
It's with getting quality jackets out the door into the hands of buyers.
Jacket naming battles..all the talk....all the photos of leathers/jackets few seem to be getting their hands on...all the "new upcoming designs" should take back seat to that.

stanier

I think the BK jacket looks cool. And ultimately I don't think a sale would be lost or won by either BK or Aero because of this name.

Aero in Scotland getting upset over this would be silly and disappointing IMO. I'm more frustrated that you struggle to get a decent repro original contract Aero A-2 that doesn't have to use a label with Acme or Arco etc. because of Aero in Scotland.

If they (Aero Scotland) made the best repro Aero contract jackets you could get then it would have merit, but I don't have that impression, and certainly not from this forum, which is far more important to my buying power.

The markets too small for this caper. Leave BK alone IMO. They work exceptionally hard in difficult economic times and should be encouraged and respected, not picked on for daft reasons.

Andreart

stanier said:
I think the BK jacket looks cool. And ultimately I don't think a sale would be lost or won by either BK or Aero because of this name.

Aero in Scotland getting upset over this would be silly and disappointing IMO. I'm more frustrated that you struggle to get a decent repro original contract Aero A-2 that doesn't have to use a label with Acme or Arco etc. because of Aero in Scotland.

If they (Aero Scotland) made the best repro Aero contract jackets you could get then it would have merit, but I don't have that impression, and certainly not from this forum, which is far more important to my buying power.

The markets too small for this caper. Leave BK alone IMO. They work exceptionally hard in difficult economic times and should be encouraged and respected, not picked on for daft reasons.
+1

Silver Surfer

this is flat out screwy. the whole thing has gotten into angels on the head of a pin kinda shit. just a coupla hours ago i sent some dough to bk for a AERONAUT. lets cut to the chase. best jac-best price, period. the rest is just blowing smoke.