• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "The Aeronaut"

A

Anonymous

This is the flaw in your argument....assuming how much a potential customer may or may not know.

Most of your potential customers I think fall into two categories....either more money than brains or more brains than money. One of your ongoing sales issues has been the broke smart guys rave about your jackets, but you are not tapping into a sufficient number of carrots with fat wallets.

I think all John is saying is if you want to harvest more carrots before someone else does, don't confuse them.

You have a valid point.

To John Lever:

I hope I made clear that this has nothing to do with Aero Scotland.
I also explained how inspired the name from Aeronautica Militare of Italy.

Aero could be a reg. tm but aeronaut is a different word. You can have tm on every word that starts with that.

John Lever

unclegrumpy said:
PLATON said:
I think anybody who can read and understand English and has an IQ better than that of a carrot will not have a problem to make the distinctions.
This is the flaw in your argument....assuming how much a potential customer may or may not know.

Most of your potential customers I think fall into two categories....either more money than brains or more brains than money. One of your ongoing sales issues has been the broke smart guys rave about your jackets, but you are not tapping into a sufficient number of carrots with fat wallets.

I think all John is saying is if you want to harvest more carrots before someone else does, don't confuse them.

:lol:

Persimmon

PLATON said:

You have a valid point.

To John Lever:

I hope I made clear that this has nothing to do with Aero Scotland.
I also explained how inspired the name from Aeronautica Militare of Italy.

Aero could be a reg. tm but aeronaut is a different word. You can have tm on every word that starts with that.

Stick with the name you have chosen.
Well done for Bill Kelso being clever and using imagination on this.

The jacket certainly looks the part from that golden age.

The branding is cool.
Keep up the good work.

No brand confusion at all and certainly you have created a seperate identity legally speaking.
The Aero luvies will hopefully give it a rest soon.

Dr H

Absolutely - the detailing on the Aeronaut is second to none IMHO - even going to a period correct label?! That appeals to a fellow anal retentive :lol:

Top job... :ugeek:

If I didn't have the goatskin Menlo Cossack then I'd go for this - as things stand, the bespoke BK A-1 will replace the ELC 0.50 cal A-1 in time.

I'm amazed at how the quality of workmanship/materials has been continually improved in recent weeks.

John Lever

Dr H said:
Absolutely - the detailing on the Aeronaut is second to none IMHO - even going to a period correct label?! That appeals to a fellow anal retentive :lol:

Top job... :ugeek:
So Ian,is this the end of the journey ?
;)

Dr H

I hope not...

What would I do to waste my time? :roll:

The ELC 0.50 Cal is the best Type A-1 that I've owned (you've seen it John, you know how good it is, particularly with the collar replacement). If the BK Type A-1 is as good as it looks in the size 40 (in terms of hide and detailing) and made to my size and spec (collar/buttons/pocket shapes/pocket flaps) then I'd move it on.

Dr H

Although I had that mauling/shill calling from MiniMe on FL, I still say that the breadth of designs being released is staggering:

A-1, AN-J-3, Aeronaut, Waldo Pepper, (as well as the expansion of the A-2/M-422A range)?

You chaps at BK can't have seen much of your families in recent weeks - I hope that the buying public pick up on it.

omarco

I think it is a slightly daring name... but I like the jacket more than the Aero offering (and most of rhe other Himel/Menlo alikes) I'm eagerly awaiting the shitstorm that WILL follow over at the hat place.

BK needs to get a whole bunch of jackets out in to the wild so people can start to make up their own minds... I would recommend a sale ;).

omarco

oh and none of the Japanese repro'ers (Buzz Real Mccoy etc) would have thought twice about using such name, infact I think Buzz have a civi A1 colab with Mr Freedom on the way that is called something very similar.

John Lever

Dr H said:
Although I had that mauling/shill calling from MiniMe on FL, I still say that the breadth of designs being released is staggering:

A-1, AN-J-3, Aeronaut, Waldo Pepper, (as well as the expansion of the A-2/M-422A range)?

You chaps at BK can't have seen much of your families in recent weeks - I hope that the buying public pick up on it.
I'll take the ELC then for all the Guinness I have bought.....
Do you still have the Badalassi(Badass) leather samples I gave you ?

Dr H

John Lever said:

Conveniently overlooking the bitter that I've bought :lol:

We've moved things around recently but I think that I still have the leather samples (I'll check).

John Lever

Dr H said:
John Lever said:

Conveniently overlooking the bitter that I've bought :lol:

We've moved things around recently but I think that I still have the leather samples (I'll check).

Is this the biter bit then ?

Marv

I like it and it would interesting to see a button version also......great work guys.

A

Anonymous

After some consideration, we 'd rather stick with the smart guys.

Jeff M

Persimmon said:
No brand confusion at all and certainly you have created a seperate identity legally speaking.

I wouldn't be to blithe about the legal issues involved with "branding".

"Legal leg to stand on" or not, what matters is, is Aero willing to pursue the matter ?
The name certainly caught the attention of folks here...and I'm guessing the question of "brand confusion" could be seen as a valid one by Aero.
If so.....it will be interesting to see where this ends up heading.

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:

I wouldn't be to blithe about the legal issues involved with "branding".

"Legal leg to stand on" or not, what matters is, is Aero willing to pursue the matter ?
The name certainly caught the attention of folks here...and I'm guessing the question of "brand confusion" could be seen as a valid one by Aero.
If so.....it will be interesting to see where this ends up heading.

Complete nonsense.