• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's 'new' Bronco A-2 horsehide pics!

Sabo

I made an offer on ebay for that avi too, can you post a picture with the jacket on you?

mulceber

Some really nice graining on that one. Awesome jacket for $255, and if you're a stickler for details, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to upgrade the zipper and collar hook rivets. What art are you planning for this one, Couchy?

ausreenactor

Some really nice graining on that one. Awesome jacket for $255, and if you're a stickler for details, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to upgrade the zipper and collar hook rivets. What art are you planning for this one, Couchy?

No neck hanger. Glaring omission.

Won't change anything. The jacket is with Ties right now...

Everyone will have to be patient to see the 'plan' come to fruition.

FlakMagnet

Here’s my first gen (goatskin) Avi Bronco after 2 and a half years of near daily wear. I didn’t use any alcohol or sanding to fake age it; just “wore the piss out of it” as you guys like to say.

I’ve just received my new Bronco. I’ll take some pics when I have some time later this weekend. The new “seal brown” feels more black as its a much darker shade than the chocolate brown of the first gen. I still do like it though..
i
17B90380-8169-4D72-90A3-55F404BB0F73.jpeg
34798FB5-4434-4934-B675-ABB96AC750D8.jpeg
4A799C75-74F6-4D78-B828-CA5229CDD9DD.jpeg
2452FC55-0BAB-4B71-9AC3-65E0D58BFAD5.jpeg

B-Man2

Here’s my first gen (goatskin) Avi Bronco after 2 and a half years of near daily wear. I didn’t use any alcohol or sanding to fake age it; just “wore the piss out of it” as you guys like to say.

I’ve just received my new Bronco. I’ll take some pics when I have some time later this weekend. The new “seal brown” feels more black as its a much darker shade than the chocolate brown of the first gen. I still do like it though..
i
View attachment 69310View attachment 69311View attachment 69312View attachment 69313
Yep …. Wear the piss out of it and you won’t be disappointed. This one looks good, like the way the russet undertones are bleeding through the collar . Please do post your new Bronco .
Cheers

Flightengineer

This is not patina. It was just that AVI first generations had a very unstable brown top paint that faded quickly. I don't know if it was a quality problem or if it was originally intended, but it is. My jacket started showing fade very quickly, six months later, although I didn't wear it very much. And patina is something else.

FlakMagnet

My 2021 AVI goatskin Bronco A2, as previously mentioned.
It's a very comfy and easy to wear straight out of the box. (maybe that's because I bought one a size (46) bigger than my first gen Bronco (44), which is also comfy, but a little snug when zipped up)
Like I've mentioned before, the "seal brown" in the current offering is more closer to a black (unlike the chocolate brown of my first gen A2), but I quite like it. I'm liking the rust/brick brown knits on these as well for a little contrast.
The other noticeable difference is the weight- this jacket is definitely a cool/colder weather jacket as it's slightly thicker and heavier than my first gen A2, which is quite light and can be worn reasonably comfortably on a warm day.

I'll post comparison pics the next chance I get.

258773142_4841037915929582_8310886109849320850_n.jpg
259762113_1074269480006284_5623493979708019474_n.jpg
258788312_1631026823758468_8793849649802962717_n.jpg

pierregloom

@FlakMagnet It's amazing how your pictures depict the fact that it's quite hard to make an idea on the color of a jacket on a computer screen ! The color differences between the photos worn/not worn are confusing. The rusty knits shade isn't there at all in your last picture, it's hard to believe it is the same jacket when it actually is.
:D

pierregloom

I think I'm not from the comfortable side then :cool:.
But I liked the colour of the jacket when moving, video gives another point of view.