• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's 'new' Bronco A-2 horsehide pics!

Brettafett

All true.
Im always on about AVI's jackets being perfect for a patch/ paint job. And this is why.
I dont think I want to mess with it now. Im going to complete the project and then can always re-assess.
But doing this again.... lessons learned.

Smithy

All true.
Im always on about AVI's jackets being perfect for a patch/ paint job. And this is why.
I dont think I want to mess with it now. Im going to complete the project and then can always re-assess.
But doing this again.... lessons learned.

Brett, please take the following with a large grain of salt as this is just purely me...

I'd be tempted to remove and reposition - but then whilst I'm pretty easy going about most things that would set the OCD off in me big time about that kind of detail.

Any visible stich holes I'd attribute to the airman transferring between air forces. That'd work for me ;)

Brettafett

I am also a bit OCD

I may be creating a leather chest patch, and/ or painting the back... That the intention anyway.
If I do choose the chest patch, then Tim... what you said above will become a serious consideration. As has been said, the stitch holes will be hardly visible.

Smithy

I've got the GW coming but that new AVI russet is seriously tempting. Boy it looks good in those photos with that Korean bloke.

Brettafett

Funny you say. I have a couple of projects I'd really like to do with this jacket, but its so hard to decide which I prefer most.
The russet HH is looking tempting, if only to be able to throw one of these projects at it.

Im going to see how this job turns out. And then might give the russet a go.

ausreenactor

With original WWII 9th AAF shoulder patch.
Phase 1 completed. Im not super happy, but its going to have to do.
View attachment 74119
View attachment 74121
View attachment 74120
View attachment 74122
(Love this jacket btw :p)

I emailed/ called around and chose a leather alterations company recommended by Lewis Leathers.
I emailed them the details of what I wanted, incl detailed placement, measurements and pics. Same via phone and all was good.
I marked and taped it up, exactly where I wanted the patch to be sewn, made my way into London (no mean feat) and the guy seemed to know his stuff.
Easy? Simple?
No
After all that, its been sewn too high and a little off centre (annoying to a designer's eye)

Just really disappointing. How could they get it wrong after all that?
Like it goes in one ear and out the other, as long as they get thier cash, they will do whatever and deal with whatever after. Idiots!

I know it does not seem like a big deal, but it is a bit. Everything costs money, time and effort, and you can't unstitch this, move it and re-sew it.
{For those who don't know, these are supposed to be 1 inch down from the epaulet}

This is EXACTLY why the AVI was the perfect jacket to do this on. If this had happened to one of my BKs, Platon or ELC jackets, Id have been really annoyed!
(this same thing happened with my ATF Tanker a while back, from a different person, thankfully that fell off and I'll give it another go soon)

OK, all good... rant over... moving on :cool:
The patch is where it needs to be...

Accidental brilliance!

coolhandluke

I want to see a pic of someone wearing one of their Perry A-2's.

Here you go sir. This is the first repro A2 that I have owned. I had originally purchased a seal HH Bronco, but Morten offered me this seal HH Perry instead as it was the only 38 that was in stock. I was wanting a slimmer fit, but the jacket is still a little more short and trim near the waist than I was expecting (I am 5'10, 153 lbs, 38" chest). Based on Avi's posted measurements, I was concerned about a 40 being a bit oversized in the shoulders and chest. I rarely wear jackets zipped, so it's not really an issue.

jQKERiS.jpeg

hMzhH53.jpeg
fe7we9N.jpeg
V70qgGP.jpg
20220212_183356.jpg

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Here you go sir. This is the first repro A2 that I have owned. I had originally purchased a seal HH Bronco, but Morten offered me this seal HH Perry instead as it was the only 38 that was in stock. I was wanting a slimmer fit, but the jacket is still a little more short and trim near the waist than I was expecting (I am 5'10, 153 lbs, 38" chest). Based on Avi's posted measurements, I was concerned about a 40 being a bit oversized in the shoulders and chest. I rarely wear jackets zipped, so it's not really an issue.

View attachment 74701
View attachment 74702View attachment 74703View attachment 74707View attachment 74708
Thanks for those great pics, my friend! Looks great, enjoy!

ausreenactor

View attachment 74701
View attachment 74702View attachment 74703View attachment 74707View attachment 74708

You can always go a 40 for the next one? Up and down as required for layering and flexibility...

Beaker_UK

Looks great, hopefully I should I get an email this week from Morten and the team saying mine has shipped. Pictures to follow on arrival......

Thomas.m

I've just seen on Avi's instagram pictures of someone wearing their Bronco HH in russet ;).
http://instagr.am/p/CZXCnEcL4Xz/ View attachment 73936
View attachment 73937
View attachment 73938

I must say I really like it with this color, and that's maybe the next jacket I will be looking for (when my adventures with the M422A will find an happy ending... :D).
The pocket flap seems still not right and too short, I don’t understand that the guys of AVI always can’t make a authentic copy even with a original Bronco 29191.
What a shame, I’d rather save my money to purchase Fivestar Leather A-2 jacket

Last edited:

coolhandluke

I've just seen on Avi's instagram pictures of someone wearing their Bronco HH in russet ;).
http://instagr.am/p/CZXCnEcL4Xz/ View attachment 73936
View attachment 73937
View attachment 73938

I must say I really like it with this color, and that's maybe the next jacket I will be looking for (when my adventures with the M422A will find an happy ending... :D).

Aside from the photos above, has anyone encountered photos of the new Avi Bronco pattern in russet? I'm seriously considering also ordering a russet Bronco in goatskin, but am concerned that goatskin may be more orange colored in appearance than the horsehide.

Last edited:

Beaker_UK

Is it normal for a shipment to take >10 days to leave Denmark? According to Postal Ninja it left the country of origin on 18 Feb.......

J.R.303

View attachment 74701
Nice tuner amp, that is another one of my weaknesses.

coolhandluke

Nice tuner amp, that is another one of my weaknesses.

Thanks! Vintage Hi-Fi is definitely one of my weaknesses as well, but my set-up is pretty modest compared to many audiophiles. I have a couple extra sets of speakers and many components not currently bring used, but my main system consists of:

Marantz 2240 receiver
Norman Laboratories Model 7 speakers
TEAC 3300S reel to reel
NAD 6100 cassette
NAD 5100 CD
Technics SL-Q20 turntable

SwA7KI0.jpeg

download.jpeg-7.jpg
IqJ3qiX.jpeg
c2vHS3w.jpeg

ausreenactor

Thanks! Vintage Hi-Fi is definitely one of my weaknesses as well, but my set-up is pretty modest compared to many audiophiles. I have a couple extra sets of speakers and many components not currently bring used, but my main system consists of:

Marantz 2240 receiver
Norman Laboratories Model 7 speakers
TEAC 3300S reel to reel
NAD 6100 cassette
NAD 5100 CD
Technics SL-Q20 turntable

View attachment 75681
View attachment 75682View attachment 75683View attachment 75684
An opportunity missed right there!

I would 'alphabetical' the shit out of that! Great collection!