• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's 'new' Bronco A-2 horsehide pics!

Brettafett

Were they ever made by 5*?

I know that the 'original' Bronco and 55J14 patterns were 'shared' all around Pakistan when AVI originally started out, but not sure if 5* actually made AVI's jackets...

Enigma1938

Well I cannot confirm it 100% but there is a big bunch of similarities, so a lot of people me included believe AVI and Fivestar jackets are made in the same place. In a word only AVI knows.....

CBI

Bretta - Your wearing pictures look really good. The close ups of the jacket a little less so but for the price, not bad. For US buyers these are $300 shipped as they discount the sale by removing the VAT which is nice. I'll bet if these jackets get worn very often, they might develop some great character.

Brettafett

Yes, absolutely.
You simply cant have all the details and level of authenticity at this price.
These jackets coming out of Pakistan are great and solid wearers, but they are not on the same page as the top-ends.

It all depends what ones after I guess.

These will fit the bill for anyone wanting the classic profile and mystique of an original, but doesn't care about the devil's details, nor want to spend big bucks.
Also great for an all-round A-2 beater, or second jacket to 'experiment' with, until you end up paying your GW deposit

Tell you what though, these jackets would be more at home in a little Cessna than some of their higher-end brothers...

s4rmark

From the "FiveStar" address or from an address in Sialkot?
As far as I know the whole city is one big leather factory...
D8AD797A-2280-4EB6-BFDD-E6649DA2539B.jpeg

ties70

@Brettafett, congratulations on what could possibly be your first 5*!

Honestly, if AVI have decided to go (back) to 5* for making the jackets they want for their own current niche of customers then that's not a bad idea IMO.

If they decide to get more authentic, then they would probably have to move on and look elsewhere.... Not because Shawn cannot deliver "more authentic" but because that is a market that he is wanting to target with his own products.

Ties

Brettafett

Some small hardware improvements and a copy of the original label, and it would elevate it up a notch.
But, yeah... end of the day it works great, just dont be too tempted to compare it to a GW lol

Nothing beats Platon's Dubow though. The jacket for the money...Unbeatable...

mulceber

John actually has an opinion on that - he's said that most of the size 46 and 48 jackets he's seen were shorter than they should have been. The manufacturers just made the chest and shoulders bigger and mostly kept the sleeves and length the same. Like they thought the big sizes were for obese people, instead of folks who could play on the basketball team.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

John actually has an opinion on that - he's said that most of the size 46 and 48 jackets he's seen were shorter than they should have been. The manufacturers just made the chest and shoulders bigger and mostly kept the sleeves and length the same. Like they thought the big sizes were for obese people, instead of folks who could play on the basketball team.
I would have thought the major of larger sizes are for 'out / around' and not 'up'..