• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

Hey Thomas !!
Good to hear from you.
That’s a great looking original USN issued G-1 at a price that beats any repro anywhere..from anyone . Yes it’s a white label ( which means the leather is embossed to look like goatskin) but it still has a military lineage, and as we’ve found out over the years… original A2 jackets were NOT all made from Horsehide, but instead many contracts were made from cowhide . However, today that fact doesn’t diminish the collectability of an original WWII cowhide A2 jacket… so In future years your G-1 will go up in value. The fit looks perfect on you .
Cheers
Edit : You mentioned that you’re a “freelancer “. Did you move on from your last company ?

Thanks Burt for the kind words.

Was your encouragement to look about "originals" rather than to reproduce ...

The jacket is made by "Orchard" btw - see tag. I know is one of the lesser quality jackets - which is also obvious on the mouton - but the fit is perfect and still an original.

PL6EMi8.jpg

Yeah i moved back to Germany - still in the automotive but freelancing using those 30 years experience - is more demanding in a way you got to check for the next project but financially absolutely pays out.

Hope your knee is getting better asap - those "push 'n go" thingies are called "Rollator" in Germany ... :)

B-Man2

Thanks Burt for the kind words.

Was your encouragement to look about "originals" rather than to reproduce ...

The jacket is made by "Orchard" btw - see tag. I know is one of the lesser quality jackets - which is also obvious on the mouton - but the fit is perfect and still an original.

PL6EMi8.jpg

Yeah i moved back to Germany - still in the automotive but freelancing using those 30 years experience - is more demanding in a way you got to check for the next project but financially absolutely pays out.

Hope your knee is getting better asap - those "push 'n go" thingies are called "Rollator" in Germany ... :)
Hi Thomas
Just a suggestion ; if you don’t find the mouton to your liking , consider replacing it with nicer mouton . It’s relatively cheap and for what you have invested in the jacket , it would still be a bargain .
Cheers

ties70

Hi Thomas
Just a suggestion ; if you don’t find the mouton to your liking , consider replacing it with nicer mouton . It’s relatively cheap and for what you have invested in the jacket , it would still be a bargain .
Cheers

Hi Burt,

so good to see you back on your feet!

And please, add some info about the HBT pants... ;-)

@Thomas Koehle : I might have a piece of mouton for you. It's more dark brown than reddish, but if you want, I can send you a picture...

Ties

B-Man2

Awesome jacket Burt!

Like those HBTs as well - they also look brandnew ...
Hi Burt,

so good to see you back on your feet!

And please, add some info about the HBT pants... ;-)

@Thomas Koehle : I might have a piece of mouton for you. It's more dark brown than reddish, but if you want, I can send you a picture...

Ties
Hi Ties and Thomas
Regarding the HBT pants I was wearing in that photo, yes there were relatively new as well . “ At The Front “ had a sale on them about 2 years ago and I picked up a few pairs at what ever the sale price was at that time .

8F3F18A7-5C60-4385-8873-15AF1A214886.jpeg
15777F85-039B-4559-A647-71FF5F7A58E7.jpeg
4B76620E-BE68-41B9-85A4-3970E11AB9A8.jpeg

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Brett
I bought that DuBow from @saucerfiend about ten years ago and this is the first time I’ve worn it . As soon as he saw it he gave me a call to say he recognized the jacket. As I said earlier, it’s a damned shame I have these beautiful jackets, but so little chance to wear them . This one’s gorgeous. I’ll post some close ups of it tomorrow out in the sun light . A beautiful Russett color . One of the nicest horse hides JC offered back in those days .
Burt, how about those close-ups you talked about?