• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Peter242

Thanks, it's a 44. I had a 46, and posted fit pictures, but it was too big.
I´ve tested a 44 - but find it a bit short in the body. I think a 46 would be better fo me. Sory about the bad picture - was only for testing
IMG_3046.jpg

Micawber

I´ve tested a 44 - but find it a bit short in the body. I think a 46 would be better fo me. Sory about the bad picture - was only for testing
View attachment 74307

Very high waisted shearling trousers were part of this outfit but being increasingly vertically challenged* due to various factors means that I can get away with short jackets.

*Not very tall.

CBI

Another "hard to tell from the pics" but AWESOME jacket - Bronson Corduroy Pea Coat. So great they provide jacket measurements. Went down a size (as I have done with a number of their jacket). Love the thick buttons. A heck of a deal. The close up is with flash so not the best "color" representation. its black I can't do the traditional wool, a total hair magnet! This might be as well but I REALLY like this.

IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg

blackrat2

Very nice fit and yes they are very fairly priced
Let us know how you get on with it longterm
How’s the build quality?
I never realised the use of corduroy until I saw the Bronson info on the javket

ausreenactor

Another "hard to tell from the pics" but AWESOME jacket - Bronson Corduroy Pea Coat. So great they provide jacket measurements. Went down a size (as I have done with a number of their jacket). Love the thick buttons. A heck of a deal. The close up is with flash so not the best "color" representation. its black I can't do the traditional wool, a total hair magnet! This might be as well but I REALLY like this.

View attachment 74334View attachment 74333View attachment 74335
Is that a hair magnet?

Thomas Koehle

Long time no new posts - since i work as a freelancer 24 hrs are different than before ...

I followed the advice/hint of @B-Man2 Burt and checked for an "original" jacket rather than for a repop. I found a "White Label" G1 (yeah i know the "younger jackets" aren't the same quality like the older ones) for less than 120 bucks in my size.

Liner needs some attention but other than that the jacket is in good condition ...

Due to the still cold weather i wear it with underneath a vest with artwork from "JOSH"

Jacket is a size 46

lYCtOqn.jpg

NImkm3r.jpg

Nyn0HXt.jpg

Flightengineer

Long time no new posts - since i work as a freelancer 24 hrs are different than before ...

I followed the advice/hint of @B-Man2 Burt and checked for an "original" jacket rather than for a repop. I found a "White Label" G1 (yeah i know the "younger jackets" aren't the same quality like the older ones) for less than 120 bucks in my size.

Liner needs some attention but other than that the jacket is in good condition ...

Due to the still cold weather i wear it with underneath a vest with artwork from "JOSH"

Jacket is a size 46

lYCtOqn.jpg

NImkm3r.jpg

Nyn0HXt.jpg

Nice find, glad to see you again my friend.

B-Man2

Hey Thomas !!
Good to hear from you.
That’s a great looking original USN issued G-1 at a price that beats any repro anywhere..from anyone . Yes it’s a white label ( which means the leather is embossed to look like goatskin) but it still has a military lineage, and as we’ve found out over the years… original A2 jackets were NOT all made from Horsehide, but instead many contracts were made from cowhide . However, today that fact doesn’t diminish the collectability of an original WWII cowhide A2 jacket… so In future years your G-1 will go up in value. The fit looks perfect on you .
Cheers
Edit : You mentioned that you’re a “freelancer “. Did you move on from your last company ?

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Jacket is a size 46

lYCtOqn.jpg

NImkm3r.jpg

Nyn0HXt.jpg
That is a good buy for $120... The condition is a lot better than a $120 repro would buy...

The vest kicks it up a level!