• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Tattoo A2

Warmed up enough for my Aero-Perry 1756 no name jacket today.
thumbnail (80).jpg

Flightengineer

What sweater is that? It's nice!

sorry old thread and pics lost

John Luder

There was a thread on it similar once about the movie torpedo run

Thanks for the lead. I racked by brain for the last day and came up with two feature films from WW2. Destination Tokyo (Warner Bros. 1943) and Crash Dive (Fox, 1943). Both had Navy support, and presumably, dictates concerning most/all technical aspects.
I wanted to stay with movies made during the war so there'd be no custom stuff, like Borgnine's jacket in Torpedo Run.
Cary Grant wore a dark, shawl-collared cardigan in some scenes, and he and most wore dark deck jackets the majority of the time. One officer wore an A-2. See below
Crash Dive was lousy with A-2s on the stars and supporting cast.
In my estimation, there would have been NO A-2s unless the Navy supplied &/or approved them.
John Ridgely with Grant. In some scenes, such as this partial shot, Grant's wearing the embroidered, pre-war, left-facing crow.
Tyrone Power in one of several scenes with the A-2, Dana Andrews also had one in many on-board scenes. Last movie Power made before shipping out with the Marines to the Pacific.
And Harry "Col. Potter" Morgan with his beautiful, new A-2.
My new, distressed russet A-2 from Five Star is on order and soon to depart Deutschland, hoffentlich.
Cheers, John
Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 11.19.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 10.45.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 10.51.34 AM.png

ZuZu

sorry old thread and pics lost

Thanks!

JonnyCrow

I really like that. Maybe not historically accurate but good looking jacket and a damn nice fit. Camera isn't bad either ;-)
Smithy that's the Spanish made jacket, 84-85 I think, they definitely saw a real B-15 but decided to add a MA-1 orange lining and sleeve pocket and more roomy like a MA-1, did their own thing haha rare though, the company was known for exclusive leather products, gloves, bags and a few jackets, apparently they did a few one offs like this!

saucerfiend

Just got this Beauty back from Burt after 3 years of prodding. Dubow 27798 in Shinki HH. This was the first J=jacket John made for me back in 2010. I had a bit more weight on me back then, as it is a size 48. But, nice and comfy now. I never wore it outside when I first got it as I tended to really baby it, {at the same time losing alot of weight}. Burt only wearing it twice since, means I still get to break her in.

IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG