• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

What's your tipple anyway? Been too long since I've been fortunate enough to pub crawl in the UK, but I was never disappointed.
Ah, now then where to start? Today was Sharpe's Doombar but the mainstay for years was Greene King Abbott. Old Speckled Hen is pleasant as is Wherry and too many others to mention. I was a member of CAMRA back in the day so tend to stick to real ales ...and am very fond of the small run strong winter brews. Lots of microbreweries around and about now.

Chandler

Ah, now then where to start? Today was Sharpe's Doombar but the mainstay for years was Greene King Abbott. Old Speckled Hen is pleasant as is Wherry and too many others to mention. I was a member of CAMRA back in the day so tend to stick to real ales ...and am very fond of the small run strong winter brews. Lots of microbreweries around and about now.
Green King and Old Speckled Hen were favorites tromping around London back in the early '90s. OSH used to be readily available here, too -- now it's only nitro cans -- that I've never wanted to try.

The others I'll have to look into, but I'm sure they're not imported, unfortunately.

My old home-brew club had a faction of Real Ale aficionados who dragged me to London one year (I fought as best I could :p) and I enjoyed the pubs to no end -- ale and food!

Chandler

I was a member of CAMRA back in the day so tend to stick to real ales ...and am very fond of the small run strong winter brews. Lots of microbreweries around and about now.
FWIW -- an old friend and I meet up once a month, or so, at a small brewery (not exactly a brewpub or micro) where the brewmaster is a true artisan who enjoys all styles -- including cask ales.

Not many places in the US that understand the art these days, but they do a great job there.

Micawber

Green King and Old Speckled Hen were favorites tromping around London back in the early '90s. OSH used to be readily available here, too -- now it's only nitro cans -- that I've never wanted to try.

The others I'll have to look into, but I'm sure they're not imported, unfortunately.

My old home-brew club had a faction of Real Ale aficionados who dragged me to London one year (I fought as best I could :p) and I enjoyed the pubs to no end -- ale and food!

Sadly huge numbers of pubs have closed for a number of reasons in recent years. Fortunately we are still blessed with a good number around here with buyouts by local communities being increasingly popular.

Micawber

FWIW -- an old friend and I meet up once a month, or so, at a small brewery (not exactly a brewpub or micro) where the brewmaster is a true artisan who enjoys all styles -- including cask ales.

Not many places in the US that understand the art these days, but they do a great job there.

I did a circuit of microbreweries over there some years ago and was surprised to see how many used English hops. I enjoyed many a fine pint and can almost remember a few of them.

A2 B3au

0866BFA8-2351-47B2-8860-1B9DF3929906.png
I’ve been asked to change my profile picture as it goes against google guidelines. I’m wondering if I change it to another one of my idols Sam Smith, would it cause similar issues with google

JonnyCrow

CAMRA, campaign for real ale, I miss a good pint of ale, nearest I get here is the Belgian and artisan, Belgian Blue Chimay is a good one, I like old speckled hen though and Hobgoblin brews

JonnyCrow

I did a circuit of microbreweries over there some years ago and was surprised to see how many used English hops. I enjoyed many a fine pint and can almost remember a few of them.
Steve 5 years ago Mrs and I went to stay with a Dutch friend, he took us over the border to Belgium and we did a monastery brewery tour, lovely, some nice ales tasted, now I always said those monks knew a thing or too about beers haha

A2 B3au

Artwork looks like "JOSH"????

Lots of buttons on those pants ... :)
if u know u know..) I’m a big fan of Joshs work, one of the best around. Loving your BoB griffon ( I sadly parted with my one this year. I’m donning my Ralph Lauren B15a today which is a size small, which I’m more than comfortable in which was a touch as I took a punt on this for £50 a few years back ( total fantasy jacket)
DEA3A798-CFF6-41A6-922A-7D060661C1F2.png

Griffon_301

this B-15 looks quite nice...RL does quite cool military style I spired pieces from time to time. I got a M-65 inspired field jacket from them last year and this will be one of my daylies once it gets warmer again ..
as the missus wanted to do some shopping this afternoon, i took Inspiration from you and chose to wear the ELC B-15a out.. it does not get airtime often nowadays but it is a damn nice jacket and in combination with a BR sweatshirt it is easily capable of tackling current temperatures and keeping me warm and cosey :)