• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Mike29

Hello guys from Kyiv!
I have in my hands a cartridge case from a 152 mm shell, which was used to hit russian "rashists" near Kharkov.
IMG_20230204_134118.jpg

JonnyCrow

Nice shoes, nice jeans, nice jacket, nice Leica.
Thanks Kermit, haven't been out in such good sunshine since Christmas, we are slowly getting over the worst winter in 20 years, but it's creeping back up to normal Spanish weather, going to be a beautiful spring, shearling no lasts long here, which is why I don't get much wear out of my heavy jackets

John Luder

Heaven's, up t'north? No, I am in East Anglia very local to the old seat of the Duke of Norfolk and later where Basil Brown lived. Who was Basil Brown you might ask - think Sutton Hoo excavations and all that.

Alternatively think of the area where the 8th Air Force operated from so not really that far up country.
I was familiar with the Sutton Hoo helmet, and enjoyed the movie. Northern Folk, Southern Folk, not to be confused with the West, South, and East Saxons.
East Anglia: Jimmy Stewart's posting.
Does that mean you would say "it was" instead of "it were"?

John Luder

Byson leather might sell you a zipper
BR,
Nice piece you have there. You on the gun squad? I was a felony prosecutor for 30 years in Los Angeles County, when we were a respected agency. That's when being a D.A. meant something. I pity the poor bastards there now, with no support and a bleak future. Now, I don't go back into LA without at least one pistol. I prefer the .45, .380 in my overcoat pocket to tide me over until I can reach under my coat.
Of course, if that isn't your picture, and instead, you're a wanted criminal, forget I said anything and burn before reading.

JonnyCrow

My wife still has the same shearling jacket she bought in 1986 when she was young haha, lovely girl, she had silver hair when she was 26 before it became a goth fashion, strange eh, she dyed it to cover the silver, apparently she said it's a trait through her Spanish female generations now it's cool to look that way
FaceApp_1675586976551.jpg

JonnyCrow

My wife still has the same shearling jacket she bought in 1986 when she was young haha, lovely girl, she had silver hair when she was 26 before it became a goth fashion, strange eh, she dyed it to cover the silver, apparently she said it's a trait through her Spanish female generations now it's cool to look that way View attachment 96131
I'm gifted in that such a beautiful cultured girl is with a blunt old Irish guy like me haha :D