• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

John Luder

I'm gifted in that such a beautiful cultured girl is with a blunt old Irish guy like me haha :D
You are a lucky sod, indeed.
Where's she from, then? Someplace on the Continent?
Please tell her that I love the natural look of her hair. I've been telling my lovely wee wifey, for years, to let it go. No one thinks a 67 year old woman of Mayo descent named Hopkins still has auburn hair. Only Maureen O'Hara, God rest her soul.

JonnyCrow

You are a lucky sod, indeed.
Where's she from, then? Someplace on the Continent?
Please tell her that I love the natural look of her hair. I've been telling my lovely wee wifey, for years, to let it go. No one thinks a 67 year old woman of Mayo descent named Hopkins still has auburn hair. Only Maureen O'Hara, God rest her soul.
She's Spanish, a Palentina from Palencia province but she's lived in Madrid from 1986, she's let the silver grow out past 6 years, like I said she was silver at 26, it peeves her I'm 55 with no silver but she loves her hair and so do I,

JonnyCrow

I'm known for it. If it's fabric wear it to death then chuck it in the wash. Leather just wear the piss out of it and see what happens, if I don't like the way it's going I will strip and re-dye / refinish. I have posted several examples of this in the past.
Steve, in the eighties I had fave pairs of jeans like that, the old lady threw some out because she said my arse was hanging out of them haha I was mortified, just because something looks ragged doesn't mean it's dying, thank Christ she never got her hands on my leather bike jackets haha

Micawber

Steve, in the eighties I had fave pairs of jeans like that, the old lady threw some out because she said my arse was hanging out of them haha I was mortified, just because something looks ragged doesn't mean it's dying, thank Christ she never got her hands on my leather bike jackets haha

Aye. That ATF tanker isn't ragged, more nicely broken in, just like me ;) It's been mucky before but washes up well, also just like me!

John Luder

Hi Gang,
This seems like the most used thread, but I hope you'll steer me to the more appropriate one if necessary.
I know that US PT Boat officers and Sub officers got A-2s, and they appear clearly in a few movies filmed at the time.
I can't nail it down on an internet search, so, does anyone have photos or cites to sites to assist?
Thanks.
John

JonnyCrow

Hi Gang,
This seems like the most used thread, but I hope you'll steer me to the more appropriate one if necessary.
I know that US PT Boat officers and Sub officers got A-2s, and they appear clearly in a few movies filmed at the time.
I can't nail it down on an internet search, so, does anyone have photos or cites to sites to assist?
Thanks.
John
There was a thread on it similar once about the movie torpedo run

ties70

Original A-2 Deck Jacket from FFG-28 aka frigate USS Boone:

8004EF1F-821C-4B66-BA4C-07CCE3CBE8A7.jpeg