• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Harris_HTM

Aero Happy Days in an exceptionally thick batch of vicenza (2016).
41A6B876-3510-4BDE-8D72-CB0D981B8206.jpeg
64D90A46-5C27-4B49-A3DA-348830861EF3.jpeg

Brettafett

Seriously Brett, you need to treat your jackets like you hate them.

That looks like new. Take a leaf out of Steve's (Micawber) book and wear the bloody things.

It's just a jacket. If it gets a scratch on it, no big deal, if it gets a funny crease, no big deal.

The best thing I ever did was stop giving a shit about my jackets.

And for two reasons...they look better when they're worn and if you kill one jacket that's a great excuse to buy another.
Tim, totally. I dont baby em, its the lifestyle. I live in the middle of a city, still wfh, and have a handful of jackets that get cycled through.
The photos dont show all the fine wear they are getting, and some get worn more than others.
No bushes to beat or car engines to crawl under. They just get worn. I seriously can't go mountain biking with n A-2 lol

Ideally one would have one or two jackets, and be done with it. But my closet must be like the magic rabbit in hat, put a jacket in there and more seem to appear.
One day, I really do want to consolidate and simplify, but until that day...

CombatWombat

I know how you feel.....I like the German airforce jackets because it's got the ma1 style but in leather...my "go to" for cold weather driving is a quilted bomber jacket I bought from some automotive spares store to watch the Bathurst 1000 in
All true. My 40 year old ma-1 is far superior. But it’s not an a-2.

CombatWombat

Nice looking A2 CW.
Looks like a good fit as well .
Why thank you B-Man2
I have a notorious time trying trying to get A2'S to fit my orangutan like arms.....so it's good to find a store "Down Under" that has them in all different sizes and lengths to cater to string bean cadets with thin and short arms to Maori guys with tree trunks for arms haha
(I'm anything between a 42-46 and usually need a L or XL to get the sleeve length, this is a 44L)

saucerfiend

It's been ages since I last posted on this thread. Not much of a jacket-type weather around southern France these last days, plus lots of work, if I needed an excuse. However, it was a nice evening, with a nice sunset too boot so, for show and tell, here is my new to me original Dubow 27798, in goat:

View attachment 81495

Still discernible on the jacket's back is the artwork depicting a P-38 from the 49 FS, 14 FG:

View attachment 81496

The jacket has known provenance to a 49 FS, 14 FG's pilot. I will be posting a more detailed review, including more pictures and information on the pilot the jacket was issued to, in a future post on the Vintage forum.

As a member of this respected forum once said, once you get an original, you are in "the heart of darkness". That's where you'll find me now
What a fine looking original. And a great fit with perfect pics Bet you're happy as can be.

Brettafett

Lorenzo, that is one stunner of a jacket. You guys have some real golden history there, with those original A-2s.
But, dont talk to me about the heart of darkness regs jackets, I just bought an original D series Star G-1 o_O I have that Monarch A-2 and that Cockpit G-1 still to sell... and the GW or two on the list, so should not be buying more jackets. I need to wear what I have, hell... There was a Ralph Edwards C series also, but the sleeve would be too short. Anyway, hoping this one fits!
I still sometimes regret letting my C series Star go. Hope you're taking good care of it lol

Lorenzo_l

Lorenzo, that is one stunner of a jacket. You guys have some real golden history there, with those original A-2s.
But, dont talk to me about the heart of darkness regs jackets, I just bought an original D series Star G-1 o_O I have that Monarch A-2 and that Cockpit G-1 still to sell... and the GW or two on the list, so should not be buying more jackets. I need to wear what I have, hell... There was a Ralph Edwards C series also, but the sleeve would be too short. Anyway, hoping this one fits!
I still sometimes regret letting my C series Star go. Hope you're taking good care of it lol

Thanks, Brett. Your ex-Star G-1 was my first original G-1 and such has a very special place in my wardrobe. Rest easy bro, the Star is in good hands.