• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Chandler

Pa 12

I thought I’d seen it all but this is a first. What a great idea for stretching out the cuff knits a smidge. I think what we really need here is a dedicated thread with nothing but suggestions on “How To’s” .
This would definitely be one that should be included . Great idea!
How about tips for shrinking knits? My ELC Star's cuffs and waist are so stretched out... ;)

Pa12

So it’s still to friggin hot to wear a jacket down here but I gave it a try anyway.
Here’s what I think may be kind of a hard to find repro A2. It’s a repro of an I.Spiewak A2 but …. It’s actually made by the original I. Spiewak and Sons Co who made the WWII jackets. View attachment 81570View attachment 81571
I would have thought an a-2 would be winter attire down in gator land;)

B-Man2

I would have thought an a-2 would be winter attire down in gator land;)
Oh… for sure it is …… I’m more fortunate than most because I live in Northern Florida where the temps average about 10-15 degrees cooler in the winter than in S. Florida. But winter down here is only about 4 months out of the year, so in order to be able to contribute something to the forum I have to be able to suck up the miserably warm weather and put on an A2 in order to participate.

Pa12

Oh… for sure it is …… I’m more fortunate than most because I live in Northern Florida where the temps average about 10-15 degrees cooler in the winter than in S. Florida. But winter down here is only about 4 months out of the year, so in order to be able to contribute something to the forum I have to be able to suck up the miserably warm weather and put on an A2 in order to participate.
I can sympathize right now, but come January, not so much:(

Chandler

I know. I have one from 1989 that hasn’t left the closet since about 1992
Mine is from just around the same era... but I have to admit wearing it now and again -- it has a horsehide many A-2 geeks would kill for! :)

(there are pics on the forum... somewhere...)

Pa12

Mine is from just around the same era... but I have to admit wearing it now and again -- it has a horsehide many A-2 geeks would kill for! :)

(there are pics on the forum... somewhere...)
Mine was seal cowhide and it just looks cheesy. Plastic looking. Had a russet one 5 years earlier that was quite nice but too small for me.

coolhandluke

A cold front with much needed rain is about to push through as we speak. Temps have dropped enough that I was able to get some time wearing the Norshor Dubow this evening.

SZhMWHE.jpeg

CombatWombat

CW
You post some interesting jackets that we don’t see very often, so I’m looking forward to seeing these new acquisitions for sure.
B-Man2
Thank you for the kind words
I've always been interested in the unique and different..... and unfortunately it's a tad more difficult to find legitimate military/police surplus down here in Australia..... leather flight jackets are a small portion of my militaria collection mate lol