• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Short relief from the heat so I thought I’d take the Platon for it’s first flight. 14 degrees c, 12 at altitude. Hot humid shit back at the end of the week :(
81D7D4E5-B74F-426A-8FEF-7EA790E9363F.jpeg

B-Man2

:)Short relief from the heat so I thought I’d take the Platon for it’s first flight. 14 degrees c, 12 at altitude. Hot humid shit back at the end of the week View attachment 81459
It’s great to see guys wearing A2’s who actually fly in them. Not being one of those myself ( at least not in the last 20 years) I’ll be wearing mine looking up and admiring you guys. :)

CombatWombat

Sounds like you're describing the G-8. @B-Man2 has a good thread on this rather odd jacket.
Ahhh I just typed in "G8 leather jacket" on the old fleaBay and it's popped up!
Seems like the one Dad had though not quite the same (his had a rather funky collar and the leather was "substantial" enough to be used as a MC jacket/the thing could stand up on its own)
I wish Mum kept that and his Swedish "army messenger" jacket......had a great look to it and you could carry lunch in the large pocket on the front lol

CombatWombat

Good looking jackets … all of them!
I like seeing jackets that we don't often get to see … Thanks CW!
Well thank you B-Man2!
Originally my tastes were for MC jackets due to my family's love or motorcycles....but I got bitten by the "flight jacket bug" (I've got 3 A2's now and they are all kind of the same).
After picking up a second hand ELC I looked at other types of flight jackets..... I've got a Portuguese officers jacket coming from Madeira, this French airforce jacket, RNZAF A2/G1 lovechild jacket, my grandfather's Polish airforce coat and I'm sorely tempted to look for a German Luftwaffe jacket (it looks ugly as sin in the grey leather but well made)

Brettafett

Burt, I have my sizing and measurements dialled in quite well.
Its taken years and too much money lol

This jacket fits beautifully, cant fault a thing.
My BK RW23380 also, its perfect! I would not change one thing. I just need to wear it more.
I guess, same for the Platon Dubow, it fits great, better and better since new.

This is another reason why the Monarch stands out as not perfect! The others fit so great, the Monarch doesn't.

Now with the GW in the pipe, Im hoping John and I can nail the fit on that, then I should be set.
In fact, the more I think I need less jackets, the more they seem to turn up ;)

Thanks for asking.

blackrat2

Ah with you Brett, the camera pic on my phone makes it look new outta the box
So John is great to work with and hopefully with a chat here and there you will get a contract that works!
I know I probably don’t need to say it but it’s amazing how same size jackets from different contracts can fit so differently..I really noticed it with the Aero I have, when worn next to the RW I sold on

Pa12

The cuffs on my Platon are very tight, being new. So much so that they ride up a lot. The material feels coarser then I’m used to and actually feels like it’s rubbing me raw. And I ain’t no delicate flower;) is there a way to stretch them a bit without damaging them?