• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CombatWombat

Since we Antipodeans are having a cold but thankfully dry spell I can do afew pictures of my new jackets.....
First off is my German police officer "peacoat" that's finally get some wear
16587304968584774561492142796078.jpg

CombatWombat

And my latest police jacket....a USA made Taylor's Chicago-style police officer jacket....the leather squeaks like crazy but it's fairly comfortable and has a zillion pockets all through it (great as a commute jacket as well as for a cheeky one down the pub)
16587311504466118951178249883133.jpg
1658731189885778552039190735628.jpg

Last edited:

Micawber

I think our “rag tops”are on the wrong sides of the pond;)View attachment 81403

Don't get me started on Land Rovers, I can bore the hind legs off a donkey chatting about them. Since the '70's I've owned more Land Rover's than you ca shake a stick at. Series, 90 / 110 / 130, Defender, Range Rover, Discovery etc. I co admin a Land Rover forum that has been running since the mid 2000's I think and was a moderator for a Land Rover magazine forum prior to that. I bought my last new Defender in 2014 intending to keep it but it turned into such a headache what with warranty fixes and such that I chopped it in when it was just two years old. Undecided about the new ones so waiting to see what the INEOS Grenadier turns out to be like. Been keeping my eyes open for a nice Series Land Rover but refuse to pay over the odds for one.

Pa12

Don't get me started on Land Rovers, I can bore the hind legs off a donkey chatting about them. Since the '70's I've owned more Land Rover's than you ca shake a stick at. Series, 90 / 110 / 130, Defender, Range Rover, Discovery etc. I co admin a Land Rover forum that has been running since the mid 2000's I think and was a moderator for a Land Rover magazine forum prior to that. I bought my last new Defender in 2014 intending to keep it but it turned into such a headache what with warranty fixes and such that I chopped it in when it was just two years old. Undecided about the new ones so waiting to see what the INEOS Grenadier turns out to be like. Been keeping my eyes open for a nice Series Land Rover but refuse to pay over the odds for one.
I was lucky to find a specimen from California, so rust free. I was more concerned with reliability then keeping it original. Removed as much Lucas as I could. Made up a new wiring harness, front disk brakes and swapped the engine for a 200di diesel. It’s never let me down. I learned to drive on a 63 2a my dad had when I was a kid. It was always broken down. My brother had a disco and dumped it after a year because of all the reliability issues.

Micawber

I was lucky to find a specimen from California, so rust free. I was more concerned with reliability then keeping it original. Removed as much Lucas as I could. Made up a new wiring harness, front disk brakes and swapped the engine for a 200di diesel. It’s never let me down. I learned to drive on a 63 2a my dad had when I was a kid. It was always broken down. My brother had a disco and dumped it after a year because of all the reliability issues.

Funny that, my Jeep is ex California having spent all it's life there and only crossing the pond in 2013.