• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Trying to get the new Platon in some natural light. Some much needed rain coming……I hope.
254EFB33-C617-48D7-8F8D-16669DE0C1AA.jpeg

Smithy

Still too warm to really wear any jackets during the day here (and this is inside the Arctic Circle so hello global warming). But I've been looking longingly at jackets and coats and waiting for the weather to cool.

The one I'm really hankering to get some wear going on with is this. I got it from The History Bunker a couple of months back and I haven't been able to wear it yet. It's belted but the belt is belted at the back for now.

I just love this flying coat though and it fits a treat too...

5UwHM2D.jpg

leper-colony

Thanks. Shoulders are snug but not tight. 46 and a little snugger then my good wear 44.
My 46 was hard to get on initially because of the back panel shoulder cut till I lost a bit more weight. I've seen variation sizing in some of JC's jackets he has posted (not a complaint).

Pa12

My 46 was hard to get on initially because of the back panel shoulder cut till I lost a bit more weight. I've seen variation sizing in some of JC's jackets he has posted (not a complaint).
I’ve returned or sold countless A2 jackets in 44 over the years because they were too small. I have 2 Goodyears , rw23380 and bronco, both in 44 and the fit is perfect. This is the size I would take in a modern jacket or suit. Except once when I ordered a cloth jacket from China. They said they run a bit small so I ordered an xl. They weren’t kidding. Barely fit my wife who’s 5’2. I exchanged it for a 4xl which just fits;)

Smithy

I think our “rag tops”are on the wrong sides of the pond;)View attachment 81403

One of my mates in 7th form had an ex NZ Army Series III Landie which we used to take on surfing trips. We took that thing everywhere. Had the winch on the front if we got into trouble.

I have such good memories of roaring around in that old crate, surfing all day and sleeping beside it at night in the sand.

Pa12

One of my mates in 7th form had an ex NZ Army Series III Landie which we used to take on surfing trips. We took that thing everywhere. Had the winch on the front if we got into trouble.

I have such good memories of roaring around in that old crate, surfing all day and sleeping beside it at night in the sand.
I love mine. 1960 series 2. Actually drive it more then the mustang.