• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

20200216_111831.jpg
1944 Irvin kind of a day.

Lord Flashheart

Been wearing the GW M422 as much as possible and breaking in nicely. The zipper box is still rigid and bows out, but probably because thicker. Really a pleasure to wear and mouton is oh so soft. My son took this image yesterday just before we left Old Warden Aerodrome/Shuttleworth Collection for the jackets third flight in the Luscombe. Not that I am putting its flight time in the logbook .

Are there any UK based flyers in the Forum?

View attachment 68109

Nice M-422 there Sideslip. It's ages since I've been to Old Warden. Must go back. Good for you with the Luscombe, taildraggers are good fun. In a former life I used to fly an Aeronca 7-AC Champ but time moves on and I don't fly anymore :)

Enigma1938

B-6 kind of day here...I went for one of my Irvins first but thought about trying the B-6 with an A-1 sweater underneath then as I never have tried that combo before...it turned out a good choice View attachment 68148for the doggowalk as the wind made the morning quite cold and chilly here....
Hey mate, don't mind my question but do you have "normal" mall clothing in your wardrobe at all or is it all about wartime clothing? ;)

Sideslip

Nice M-422 there Sideslip. It's ages since I've been to Old Warden. Must go back. Good for you with the Luscombe, taildraggers are good fun. In a former life I used to fly an Aeronca 7-AC Champ but time moves on and I don't fly anymore :)
Champs are supposed to be good fun! Taildraggers are always fun, especially in a cross-wind :)

@Sideslip Im London-based, dont fly anymore unfortunately, but am looking for a way back in.
I live in Ealing and fly out of White Waltham, there are usually some shares going in nose or tailwheel if you live on the west side of London. DM me if you want to talk more or fancy a flight in the Luscombe (same for @Lord Flashheart). She's going offline for a week or two but will be back soon before the weather gets .... actually, it's always random here.