• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Greg Gale

Go’ into a scrap with a gaggle os snappers over Abbeville. Bagged 3 of the cheeky buggers, so they put me up for a gong :D

6191A454-0163-437E-92A2-8AA1A051BFA5.jpeg

Kermit3D

I often don't like irvin very much. Too "bibendum michelin" to my taste. But there ! I love it ! This photo makes me want to have one !
What brand is this jacket ? Aero ?

Did your boots survive the snow?

Last edited:

Greg Gale

It's a 12 yr old WPG Irvin, size 38! (I'm a 42 in A-2s).

The boots held up OK, maybe a little wet where the leather meets the sole. I was walking in ankle deep snow though...

Kermit3D

It's a 12 yr old WPG Irvin, size 38! (I'm a 42 in A-2s).

The boots held up OK, maybe a little wet where the leather meets the sole. I was walking in ankle deep snow though...

Is this the one ?

It's really cheap. Is the quality good ? Is it close enough to an original ?

Kermit3D

Yes, that's the one. The quality is not an ELC of course, and the zipper is quite shit after 12 years. Otherwise it's REALLY good, and a very accurate looking repro. Especially for the price. They run very large, though, you need to go down 1-2 sizes. Let's say this is 80% of an ELC for 20% of the price.

Very interesting! I will think about it... :rolleyes:

Bombing IP

I have a WPG Irvin Kermit and I can recommend it 100% ,it has the benefit of a shorter internal fleece so its not to warm at ground level and does not look bulky . There have been many improvements over the years on the jacket .My zips are good quality re the size I do find they run correct ,I am a 46 " and ordered a 46" and it fits perfect .I might add the guys on the forum do like the irvins big so they go up one size intentionally as the were meant to fit over a uniform . I say get one you will love it ,I have got a lot of compliments from many people on the jacket from regular people . If your worried about the sizing contact WPG for measurements .Once ordered you will have it in 8 days it comes from the UAE . Gets better looking the more you wear it and you do not have the Michelin man look . Well thats my input on the jacket ,may be other members have something to say .

BIP OUT

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Thank you very much Bombing IP it's nice that you took the time to give me your opinion.
I wouldn't be ready to spend a lot of money on an Irvin jacket. But I think the WPG looks very nice in Greg Gale's photo.
The sizes available on the WPG website start at 44... I'm afraid it's a bit big. I will contact WPG to get their opinion.

Any other opinion is welcome :)

Bombing IP

Kermit here is the guy who handles the orders in the UAE he could help you with size and orders . The guy who owns WPG does not answer emails .Best bang for the buck military jacket out there ! ,Ken from Aero says he cannot buy the materials for that price ,the jackets are on sale the last time I looked , I am sure Wajid can hook you up with something ,oh and the jackets run short like you like them ;).

[email protected]

BIP

Last edited:

Bombing IP

I do not see anything wrong with the Zip ,I think they have been upgrades from that 13 year old review .A lot has changed since then .Also where the jacket is shown on the WPG site it does say improved run and the reviews rate it at 4 1/4 stars 164 reviews .

BIP

Last edited:

jerome35

I do not see anything wrong with the Zip ,I think they have been upgrades from that 13 year old review .A lot has changed since then .Also where the jacket is shown on the WPG site it does say improved run and the reviews rate it at 4 1/4 stars 164 reviews .

BIP

Bought one 6 monthes ago, zippers are brass "Talon" brand so not correct for Irvin but the jacket is overall qui nice. Of course, can't compare with High End ones but a decent sheepskin for everyday wear.

Bombing IP

Bought one 6 months ago, zippers are brass "Talon" brand so not correct for Irvin but the jacket is overall qui nice. Of course, can't compare with High End ones but a decent sheepskin for everyday wear.

Jerome show me a Irvin company repro with correct zippers ,there are none because the DOT or Lightning zippers are not remade .Aero is the closest but no one wants to pay for the development of new tool and die moldings and logo stamps which could esily run to $50 K .

bip