• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

busdrivermike

Well it warmed up to a balmy -24 c but with a windchill of -40c
so I went out, I needed new blades for the safety knife I use to cut leather
And just for my sanity and to get a nice hot latte
Along the way I found a couple who’s car needed a boost to start so I
Got a good deed in by helping get it started, I know that feeling of being
Stuck in the cold with a dead car and tow trucks are nearly 2 hr wait times
I had to do up the collar while we were hooking up cables and letting their battery
Get a charge, at
-40c windchill you can actually feel the moisture leave your skin and will
Freeze if exposed to the wind in about 5 to 10 minutes , I actually lost some feeling in my fingers as I had to take off
My glove to loosen an air box as it overhung blocking the battery terminals on their car.
But inside the noble house with just a t-shirt I was snug as a bug
First pic is for those of you who don’t get this kind of weather is how to ensure you car starts if stopped
Outside for hours like overnight it’s the block heater Plugged in not an electric car
82B10619-8A68-4970-9B02-2DB6EA7CCAF1.jpeg
B27AEB3D-E439-4A95-BDDD-034A5DE2BC70.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul Glover

Well it warmed up to a balmy -24 c but with a windchill of -40c
so I went out, I needed new blades for the safety knife I use to cut leather
And just for my sanity and to get a nice hot latte
Along the way I found a couple who’s car needed a boost to start so I
Got a good deed in by helping get it started, I know that feeling of being
Stuck in the cold with a dead car and tow trucks are nearly 2 hr wait times
I had to do up the collar while we were hooking up cables and letting their battery
Get a charge, at
-40c windchill you can actually feel the moisture leave your skin and will
Freeze if exposed to the wind in about 5 to 10 minutes , I actually lost some feeling in my fingers as I had to take off
My glove to loosen an air box as it overhung blocking the battery terminals on their car.
But inside the noble house with just a t-shirt I was snug as a bug
First pic is for those of you who don’t get this kind of weather is how to ensure you car starts if stopped
Outside for hours like overnight it’s the block heater Plugged in not an electric car
View attachment 52830View attachment 52831
I cant imagine being out in those temperatures !, it was very kind of you to help those people, nice one. You have certainly made good use of that jacket !.

newagegeezer

It's a beautiful sunny morning in London, snow has mostly melted away and not that cold so I'm about to go out for walk in an old favourite outfit, a WW2 Regulation Officer's O'Coat Field (that's how it's labelled) which has a removable warm woolen button in lining and a pair of British Officer's boots (not despatch riders which had 3 straps ), these were made in the most lovely pebbled leather. Not sure about hat yet, probably an old Australian stetson, it looks OK with teh raincoat
007.JPG

Griffon_301

Thank you :) I guess the Alpaca lined N-1 will see quite some use in the days to come along with the Irvins and the B-15s, as temperatures will go down into minus double digit Celsius regions here... My A-11 trousers are prepared as well, as is my B-2 cap :D

B-Man2

Thank you :) I guess the Alpaca lined N-1 will see quite some use in the days to come along with the Irvins and the B-15s, as temperatures will go down into minus double digit Celsius regions here... My A-11 trousers are prepared as well, as is my B-2 cap :D
Yeah .... the B-2 cap ...... hmmm .
errr ... That’s.... ahhh ......great .;):D

ausreenactor

It's a beautiful sunny morning in London, snow has mostly melted away and not that cold so I'm about to go out for walk in an old favourite outfit, a WW2 Regulation Officer's O'Coat Field (that's how it's labelled) which has a removable warm woolen button in lining and a pair of British Officer's boots (not despatch riders which had 3 straps ), these were made in the most lovely pebbled leather. Not sure about hat yet, probably an old Australian stetson, it looks OK with teh raincoatView attachment 52850
That's classy! And the boots are flash as a rat with a gold tooth!

Griffon_301

Yeah .... the B-2 cap ...... hmmm .
errr ... That’s.... ahhh ......great .;):D

I bought my B-2 cap even before I got my B-3 from ELC to "check" their quality...
These were the times when you ordered via fax (if your parents had one) or via a letter through mail, stating the product, the id number and the size you wanted...
Of course only after requesting their catalogue first which came with nice leather samples...

I wear it very rarely these days but today, I will ...
Very cold morning and windy with light snow, so it will be my N-3b Parka for the doggie walk I guess ... It's big hoodie covers the cap perfectly while the B-2 still keeps my noggin warm