• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Let me just check ?, yes you did say that if you havent got anything nice to say then dont say it !.
Each to their own, I havent taken to posting pictures of myself wearing any of my jackets, but this could be the making of a very entertaining thread.
Posting pictures of ourselves wearing hats ? Whatever they might make us look like !.
Any takers ? . Heaven knows we could all do with some merryment .

Well sometimes people have to make a stand against what's wrong, and there's no doubt about it, the B-2 cap is about as wrong as it can get. Ugliness incarnate. They should be rounded up and burnt. And then burnt again.

Paul Glover

Well sometimes people have to make a stand against what's wrong, and there's no doubt about it, the B-2 cap is about as wrong as it can get. Ugliness incarnate. They should be rounded up and burnt. And then burnt again.
I am not saying that I can look good in a B2, but if you look at the second photo in the thread nice period photos there is a young guy sporting a b2 and to my mind he looks the part. There are hundreds of photos of bomber crews wearing them and again in my opinion they look good. But I am not yet tempted to post a picture of me in mine yet !.

Paul Glover

I am not saying that I can look good in a B2, but if you look at the second photo in the thread nice period photos there is a young guy sporting a b2 and to my mind he looks the part. There are hundreds of photos of bomber crews wearing them and again in my opinion they look good. But I am not yet tempted to post a picture of me in mine yet !.
You show me yours ! As the saying goes.

Smithy

No, there's no defence for the heresy that is the B-2 cap, even quoting historical precedent. The B-2 is without doubt the ugliest, most repugnant looking bit of WWII kit ever devised. To top it off when you wear it, the wearer can't help but look like a complete muppet.

Moral of the story: if it's cold and you want to look like a first class pillock, wear a B-2; if it's cold and you want to be warm without looking like a muppet, wear a wollen beanie.

Easy-peasy!

Paul Glover

No, there's no defence for the heresy that is the B-2 cap, even quoting historical precedent. The B-2 is without doubt the ugliest, most repugnant looking bit of WWII kit ever devised. To top it off when you wear it, the wearer can't help but look like a complete muppet.

Moral of the story: if it's cold and you want to look like a first class pillock, wear a B-2; if it's cold and you want to be warm without looking like a muppet, wear a wollen beanie.

Easy-peasy!
Nuff said.

917_k

Light snow and a freezing wind here on the south coast of the U.K., so only one thing for it:

591147DF-8CA1-47B4-A56D-F44E6CA2BE61.jpeg

NOS Albert Turner N-3B (one of the very early jackets). Oh and I was happy, honest!

newagegeezer

I see the B2 has been getting some bad press lately, I like my original even though the top is now all
leather patches on top of the sheepskin which has gradually split over the years. If you want to see a real ugly WW2 hat (IMO) what about this British version which looks like a mutant Sherlock Holmes deer stalker". It is real sheepskin for ear flaps, on top of heavy materiel and as you can see a bill very much like a B2.
Anyone any idea what it is ? I seem to recall years ago being told it was Commando maybe for Norwegian campaign....has teh WD with arrow stamped inside with 436. Has a strange hook and eye secured lining which is sewn to peak so doesn't really remove. I picked it up around 1970 in one of the old army surplus stores, never worn it myself, it's too ugly for me...but it's unissued NOS by teh look of it.
IMG_5099.JPG

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 119
  • milhat 911.jpg
    milhat 911.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 123

MikeyB-17

Not use to seeing you without a smile on your face Mikey . ;) But I can see why, everything looks damn cold there !

I was trying to express how cold it was facially Burt! :D It was minus one, nothing compared to what many of the membership are used to, but plenty cold enough thanks! The English Channel in the background was pretty darn rough, so the wind chill factor up there (on top of an old China clay waste tip) was considerable!

B-Man2

I was trying to express how cold it was facially Burt! :D It was minus one, nothing compared to what many of the membership are used to, but plenty cold enough thanks! The English Channel in the background was pretty darn rough, so the wind chill factor up there (on top of an old China clay waste tip) was considerable!
So did the B-3 do the job ?
The reason I ask is, that unlike the guys who wore them in the B-17s , we don’t have the pants to go with them and my ass is always freezing in extreme cold weather when I wear a B-3 . ( I know ... probably a bit too much information:rolleyes:)