• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

Not exactly wearing it, or even tried it on yet as I have to isolate all deliveries due to Covid and my virtually non existent immune system..

I missed this one on the bay but that nice Mr Lever of this parish kindly tipped me off. Thank you John.
One early ELC 42 Irvin to replace my slightly too large Ginger Tom BoB version, which, thanks to my current ill health would have provided enough accommodation for 2 -3 me size people now. Fit pics when I have the stamina. I have not actually laid hands on it yet.

Ignore hangar ...better still blame my wife ....but never, ever turn your back on her from now on...

View attachment 49587

View attachment 49588
That hanger....aaaaarggghhhh... :(

ausreenactor

As I sit awaiting the rise of the family..... Buzz Rickson Aero 18775-P. Love this colour...
20201220_084138.jpg

Micawber

That hanger....aaaaarggghhhh... :(

Blame the wife mate. It's in quarantine, I can't touch if for a bit. She shoved it on the hanger [the wrong way round] but just to take 2 pics. so 1 min max. It's strong, it's not a fragile original, it's not the end of the world.

I've removed the photos. Apologies for causing offence. Bad day today.

Last edited:

YoungMedic

Blame the wife mate. It's in quarantine, I can't touch if for a bit. She shoved it on the hanger [the wrong way round] but just to take 2 pics. so 1 min max. It's strong, it's not a fragile original, it's not the end of the world.

I've removed the photos. Apologies for causing offence. Bad day today.

Hang tough! Can't have the good without the bad I suppose.

ausreenactor

Mate!

You have a great woman there. If I asked Tianna to drag out the Monarch she would give me a blank look. I would then say the 'Brown A-2?' and the shoulders might shrug.... Then she would wander off... to do something less important than a jacket pic. (Is there such a pursuit?)

Get that Irvin up there Sir!! Sorry if I rustled the feathers...

Couchy

busdrivermike

What a lovely day , gotta love Alberta weather Thursday-15c today +2c a 17 degree change
So off with the noble house B3 and in the branded G1 with a light sweater out for a drive
Listening to podcasts between thrift stores , coffee stop of course and walking two of the cats
Third one was busy napping, Very busy day :p
14CD5F1A-DA7F-45F2-B5DE-9000DBE749DC.jpeg
B229AB20-F2E4-454A-97EB-045A705E0C6C.jpeg
4D9D29FA-FDA2-4A58-B421-0B05A7E68C88.jpeg

Last edited:

Micawber

Mate!

You have a great woman there. If I asked Tianna to drag out the Monarch she would give me a blank look. I would then say the 'Brown A-2?' and the shoulders might shrug.... Then she would wander off... to do something less important than a jacket pic. (Is there such a pursuit?)

Get that Irvin up there Sir!! Sorry if I rustled the feathers...

Couchy

Apologies too. Yesterday I was like a bear with a sore head and piles (Hemorrhoids). No excuses other than a change in meds ready for chemo Tuesday. No excuse for it.

Micawber

Arrived last week first try on today. Earlier ELC Irvin, again thanks to John Lever.
Excuse the gormless expression, my son has the knack of clicking just at the wrong time. I was far from ready for this but it's the best of a bad bunch. Sleeves appear too long as I was just about to shrug it up on my shoulder a bit more. You get the idea anyway.

20201220_151906.jpg

B-Man2

Grateful for the Eastman Irvin today on a chilly morning along with an original scarf worn by an RAF vet. Thanks again John Lever for the Irvin!

View attachment 49662
Arrived last week first try on today. Earlier ELC Irvin, again thanks to John Lever.
Excuse the gormless expression, my son has the knack of clicking just at the wrong time. I was far from ready for this but it's the best of a bad bunch. Sleeves appear too long as I was just about to shrug it up on my shoulder a bit more. You get the idea anyway.

View attachment 49663
Guys .. both of your Irvin’s look great !
Makes you wonder why ELC ever quit making them that way in favor of the processes they use today . The older ELC Irvin’s were much nicer and more authentic looking in my opinion. Dumping my new one in favor of an older model as soon as I can.

YoungMedic

Guys .. both of your Irvin’s look great !
Makes you wonder why ELC ever quit making them that way in favor of the processes they use today . The older ELC Irvin’s were much nicer and more authentic looking in my opinion. Dumping my new one in favor of an older model as soon as I can.

The more I see them come out, the more I'm bummed i missed that one on the Bay! They all look so good

B-Man2

newagegeezer

apropos of the old bikes and sheepskin jackets (and moustaches)post earlier I just came across a photo from 1979, I had just picked up this 1943 WLC45 from the back of a van where it had been stored since 1958 (the '58 tax disc still in the holder which enabled me to keep the reg #). It was a classic piece of '50s customising with buddy seat, buco bags, tassles on handlebars, spotlights etc etc. I am sitting on it looking as if I was ready to take off but the engine was seized..... a few years later it was on the road (spent quite a time in pieces under the bed, i'm sure the old bikers here know all about that, when it was joined by an Indian Chief I was forced into getting to work on it....had too may bikes and cars to play with) , now it's back in storage. Anyway i can't recall what the jacket was, some kind of generic bike jacket, don't have it anymore, nor the moustache. Gosh, where have those 40 years gone ?
007.JPG
014.JPG