• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

A sunny 54 F degrees, cool here today with no clouds. A great day for airing out an original Aero 15142P
09DDEF7A-3203-4E07-9058-1A779DC1C83C.jpeg

Officer Dibley

This pic came up a while back, we decided it was a Vincent, I believe we also came to the conclusion that it’s not an Irvin, but a B-3 with one strap folded back-note the pocket and sleeve reinforcement.
Not much gets past you Mikey. You’re like my old corporal. Great eye for detail. When i had to report at the end of the day after getting bollocked for having “dust” on my beret at morning parade, i got bollocked again because although my beret was cleaner, i failed to present to him the dust. We never did hit it off...unlike you & i of course..

Last edited:

Micawber

An original B-3 and a Vincent in the same photo, if only you had them now. Have you?

No, in fact not my photos but from a local history group. My son does have an old Matchless though. Zooming in i can clearly see it's a B-3 now ...a Specsavers moment for sure. Forgot all about the other thread sorry.

I do have photos of someone I had to call Uncle Fred when I was a kid. He was a friend of my Nan's who wore a surplus Irvin while riding his bike and sidecar combo. All the old photo prints are stored away at present though.

Not a flight jacket in sight but in compensation for my balls up, I can offer this pic of my grandmother on one of their bikes back in the 20's....

received_686104532067655.jpeg

And this one of my grandfather...

received_606025710168645.jpeg

Such a poser...

received_423580969024975.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Not much gets past you Mikey. You’re like my old corporal. Great eye for detail. When i had to report at the end of the day after getting bollocked for having “dust” on my beret at morning parade, i got bollocked again because although my beret was cleaner, i failed to present to him the dust. We never did hit it off...unlike you & i of course..
Aw shucks. :) I can see for miles, but if it’s under my nose I need my glasses!
I can’t take all the credit, Dave, like I said we picked this pic apart a few years ago, can’t seem to find the thread now, perhaps it was on Faecesbook but I thought it was here. I know Peter Graham was involved, and I think it was in the days when Andrew Roughwear was still around.

MikeyB-17

No, in fact not my photos but from a local history group. My son does have an old Matchless though. Zooming in i can clearly see it's a B-3 now ...a Specsavers moment for sure. Forgot all about the other thread sorry.

I do have photos of someone I had to call Uncle Fred when I was a kid. He was a friend of my Nan's who wore a surplus Irvin while riding his bike and sidecar combo. All the old photo prints are stored away at present though.

Not a flight jacket in sight but in compensation for my balls up, I can offer this pic of my grandmother on one of their bikes back in the 20's....

View attachment 49577

And this one of my grandfather...

View attachment 49578

Such a poser...

View attachment 49580
I think that’s a Triumph Model P.

newagegeezer

as it appears to be Irvin time thought I'd wear my original for a walk out onto Epping Forest, just 300 yards up the road, sunny now after a 5 minute rain downpour. It still smells sheepy/lanoliney even after nigh on 80 years. As people have commented, great jackets for bike riding, wore this on my bikes (1943 WLC45 and 1947 Indian Chief) up to 20 years ago, they've rarely been out of the garage since then, I'm safer on 4 wheels now unfortunately... tempus fugit
004 (2).JPG

newagegeezer

Hi Daw,
It's a promotional poster for that album, possibly for record shops, although it has even more gore and dolls around the photo of the cover

Micawber

Not exactly wearing it, or even tried it on yet as I have to isolate all deliveries due to Covid and my virtually non existent immune system..

I missed this one on the bay but that nice Mr Lever of this parish kindly tipped me off. Thank you John.
One early ELC 42 Irvin to replace my slightly too large Ginger Tom BoB version, which, thanks to my current ill health would have provided enough accommodation for 2 -3 me size people now. Fit pics when I have the stamina. I have not actually laid hands on it yet.

Ignore hangar ...better still blame my wife ....but never, ever turn your back on her from now on...

Edited. Photos removed

Last edited: