• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

busdrivermike

Still wearing the schott 184 as I went Went out and met with a friend today
56A2C296-18D3-4C24-8701-0D2717D93D86.jpeg

busdrivermike

I want to start a collection for busdrivermike so he can have that coffe cup surgically removed from his hand,it must be very difficult to do every day tasks with that coffe cup always being there . Any amount will do . Forget it must have been taken care of as I see in the above picture .

Bip
To quote charlton Heston”from my cold dead hand”
Actually it’s a silly nod to Julian from trailer park boys (Canadian show)
Always had a rum and coke in his had no matter the scene
And for many of us at work we tried to make sure if in a photo in public make
Sure you had a coffee in your hand, drove the supervisors nuts

Last edited:

YoungMedic

To quote charlton Heston”from my cold dead hand”
Actually it’s a silly nod to Julian from trailer park boys (Canadian show)
Always had a rum and coke in his had no matter the scene
And for many of us at work we tried to make sure if in a photo in public make
Sure you had a coffee in your hand, drove the supervisors nuts

Thats funny, coincidentally I actually do almost always have coffee in my hand, even riding down the road running lights and sirens if I'm not getting dressed. My right hand is almost like a gimbal, if I don't look at the fluid the coffee just stays in :D

B-Man2

Phil
Good looking jacket, if I remember correctly didn’t the originals have a waterproof layer of something under the corded material to prevent wetness from getting through to the wearer?

Griffon_301

Phil
Good looking jacket, if I remember correctly didn’t the originals have a waterproof layer of something under the corded material to prevent wetness from getting through to the wearer?

Thanks for the compliment! The deck hook jackets have a layer of celluloid between the inner blanket wool lining and the outer corded shell I have read somewhere...
When I bought the jacket, it sounded a bit like a plastic bag when I was moving around but after a year or so, you don't hear anything at all...
Interestingly, the new deck hooks from BR seem to have done away with the celluloid inner layer as they don't sound like mine when it was new...
They just seem to be constructed of the blanket wool lining and the corded outer shell.

Compared to the Alpaca lined N-1, the deck hook jacket is a little bit thinner and allows for more easier movement while being just as warm...

ausreenactor

Phil

Yes. Has the potential to 'rustle' more than the Brown Paper Outlaw.

B-Man2

It was a cool A2 day today so I thought some of you might enjoy checking this A2 jacket out once again . It’s kind of a unique Rough Wear A2 , in that it was the 1st Rough Wear 1401P A2 jacket ever , made by John Chapman in 2009 . So while it’s not historically significant , it is unique from our prospective if you happen to be into Good Wear military A2 repro jackets . The jacket was first featured on the Good Wear website back in June of 2009 in this “New Jackets
Section” It was made with russett pigment finish Horween Horsehide .

https://goodwearleather.com/1401P_First/

So I hope you guys enjoying seeing it 11 years later.
Cheers

A6A58250-CC5C-489F-8C31-4FC4EC8FA31C.jpeg
74ABF982-C73A-4160-A068-D5C3763D243A.jpeg
33885223-0665-4175-87CD-06DCAD58053F.jpeg
65259AEA-E005-4A3F-83FD-A59C9E3747FC.jpeg
10BCF36A-C700-4C5E-97CC-6D215178B74C.jpeg
63086705-F4DD-49EB-96C1-7B4E637D7876.jpeg
2B8577BC-B9C7-442B-885E-45822CCFB7AD.jpeg
0377B378-9A4A-459A-81EA-40AF803F3C23.png