• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

petermack09

Wore a couple of jackets today as temps changed from morning to afternoon,pretty mild.getting down towards freezing tonight so it’s back to sheepskin ,lost worlds raider & headwind A1
D10DABC0-D388-4C53-A8A9-61C0C983A795.jpeg
C311527E-8E22-43BC-988E-0F33716CE891.jpeg

B-Man2

Star Sportswear G-1, which I am amazingly fortunate to get to use in this manner. A hearty thank you to whoever it was that recommended the RL Roughouts, they are now my Stearman boots.

View attachment 49348
Glad you liked the RL boots. I first located them and posted about them while looking at lower cost options to duplicate a Steve MCQueen , Virgil Hilts look. They are great value for the money costing far less than current WWII repros .
Cheers

LJDRVR

Glad you liked the RL boots. I first located them and posted about them while looking at lower cost options to duplicate a Steve MCQueen , Virgil Hilts look. They are great value for the money costing far less than current WWII repros .
Cheers

I love them. Drop me a line if you ever find yourself near Portland Oregon, I’ll take you and your boots flying. Correction to the post up thread, that’s my W&G, not my Star. Too many jackets.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I love them. Drop me a line if you ever find yourself near Portland Oregon, I’ll take you and your boots flying. Correction to the post up thread, that’s my Bauer, not my Star. Too many jackets.
Thanks for the kind words and your offer.
If you liked the boots check out my Bargain Basement thread for other deals on items you might like at reduced prices .
Cheers

B-Man2

I love them. Drop me a line if you ever find yourself near Portland Oregon, I’ll take you and your boots flying. Correction to the post up thread, that’s my W&G, not my Star. Too many jackets.
Here’s the Bargain Basement thread

LJDRVR

Here’s the Bargain Basement thread

I was reading that the other day and showing my wife the submariner BOB sweater. That’s my next purchase, sometimes in January after my bank account recovers from the damage I’ve done to it over the last seven days. I’m kind of excited because I own only two sweater, both of them Brooks Brothers and not that warm. (On a side note, private equity destroyed another great American brand in the name of increased profits.)

Thanks, Burt!

B-Man2

I was reading that the other day and showing my wife the submariner BOB sweater. That’s my next purchase, sometimes in January after my bank account recovers from the damage I’ve done to it over the last seven days. I’m kind of excited because I own only two sweater, both of 5em Brooks Brothers and not that warm.

Thanks, Burt!
The sweaters I reviewed are very good quality and value for the money . If you order one and like a sweater that’s a relaxed fit on you, order your normal size . If you prefer a trimmer fitting sweater go down one size .
Cheers

B-Man2

The traditional Christmas visit to the Eden Project, with the Schott leather pea coat. Which was, predictably, a bit bloody warm in the Humid Tropics biome.
View attachment 49388
Mikey
I have to commend you . You’re not letting the fears of 2020 stop you from having
a go at living a semi normal life and getting out of the house to see and do a few things in a relatively safe manner . Good for you mate.!
Cheers

MikeyB-17

Mikey
I have to commend you . You’re not letting the fears of 2020 stop you from having
a go at living a semi normal life and getting out of the house to see and do a few things in a relatively safe manner . Good for you mate.!
Cheers
Thanks Burt. TBH when you’re married to my Mrs., there is no question of staying at home. She has MS and is very keen to enjoy life to the full. I have basically been dragged along in her wake. OK we did the right thing during lockdown proper, but as soon as we were allowed out, we went out. We have found, to be fair, that most places are very good at maintaining social distancing and hygiene, we’ve worn our masks, sanitised our hands and pretty much carried on as normally as possible. We’re fortunate that we live in a place where there’s plenty of nice places to visit within easy reach.

B-Man2

Thanks Burt. TBH when you’re married to my Mrs., there is no question of staying at home. She has MS and is very keen to enjoy life to the full. I have basically been dragged along in her wake. OK we did the right thing during lockdown proper, but as soon as we were allowed out, we went out. We have found, to be fair, that most places are very good at maintaining social distancing and hygiene, we’ve worn our masks, sanitised our hands and pretty much carried on as normally as possible. We’re fortunate that we live in a place where there’s plenty of nice places to visit within easy reach.
Mikey
You guys are blessed to have each other during what for all of us has probably been an unprecedented year for lifestyle changes.
I can honestly tell you that it was one of your first travel posts that was an Ah-Hah moment for me , and made me realize that my wife and I couldn’t stay bottled up inside of our home like we had for the preceding 7 months.
You made me realize that within limits we could go out to places and enjoy some changes of scenery , while employing the basic guidelines that you mentioned . I thank you for that .
Cheers