• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pilot

Prien and Topp are arguably the most famous U-boat commanders to use British BD but they were used by an incredible multitude of Kriegsmarine men. You can also see photos of Schnellboot crews using British BD.
8F5A3B85-9899-4343-B262-9A15B5BC6568.jpeg
49BA9157-1A7C-4312-AD30-E68D4231FC12.jpeg

Otter

Aus, are you ok where you are at the moment ?
We flew home from Christchurch via Melbourne at the beginning of December. The sky was smoky then, not much to see until the sun sent down other than a smoke smudge at about 20k. Last Ulurhu I began to see what I thought were long roads with sodium lighting, then realised they were fire fronts 10 to 15 miles long.
Our chopper pilot at Mt Cook pointed out grey patches on the glaciers caused by ash but I have seen much worse now.

ausreenactor

In the middle of flat, manicured citrus farms. Has been hot I have to concede; however, you would not have me living in areas with single point of entry/exit, dense vegetation where environmentalists tell you what you can and can't do with your land.

Everyone is angry with the situation. Call in the Army! My Squadron is there now and I literally just dodged a call from the guy who is the fill in after I left. Not fires related. I told him I was off Aviation and I had submitted a Victoria Police application. Now the NSW emergency services heads are whining that 3000 Army personnel will be hard to manage. Leave that to the Army. You point at a map and we will make it happen. That is what 'we' do. The expectations of what Army do is off as well. We are happy to help you clean up after a flood; however, do not ask us to move away YOUR rubbish that was there before the flood while you sit on your patio drinking beers, watching us clean your yard!

All I know is those protesting the spring burns in Gippsland have blood on their hands.. Hopefully those in the protests fill the majority of the casualty list.

Thanks for the message.

Smithy

In the middle of flat, manicured citrus farms. Has been hot I have to concede; however, you would not have me living in areas with single point of entry/exit, dense vegetation where environmentalists tell you what you can and can't do with your land.

Everyone is angry with the situation. Call in the Army! My Squadron is there now and I literally just dodged a call from the guy who is the fill in after I left. Not fires related. I told him I was off Aviation and I had submitted a Victoria Police application. Now the NSW emergency services heads are whining that 3000 Army personnel will be hard to manage. Leave that to the Army. You point at a map and we will make it happen. That is what 'we' do. The expectations of what Army do is off as well. We are happy to help you clean up after a flood; however, do not ask us to move away YOUR rubbish that was there before the flood while you sit on your patio drinking beers, watching us clean your yard!

All I know is those protesting the spring burns in Gippsland have blood on their hands.. Hopefully those in the protests fill the majority of the casualty list.

Thanks for the message.

Saw that before with the QLD floods too back in 2010, the military was expected to act like clean up experts - not exactly what you've trained for.

Failures of state and federal government, too much lip waving and trying to toss the ball back to the other lot than finding ways and setting up systems to cope with shit you know is going to hit the fan. Hence they throw it the Army's way. Bloody typical.

Smithy

At least the Navy got to use their toys too.. Unless you were under 5, then your family could not be evacuated from the fire danger area. No infant live vests. NO SHIT!

Fuck I saw something similar on new.com.au, some poor woman was trying to evacuate with her kid but because he was under 5 he was deemed unable to climb up the rope ladder so had to be left there with his mum. The whole thing is a massive bloody balls up.

Otter

Not sure what the army are expected to do other than direct traffic !

Just keep your head than your ass if you know what I mean, stay safe buddy.

crism1

I have received this week the Patch from Sean Collins and the Capri Bell i ordered from ebay from China after seeing here you guys commented on it. I loved the bell..it is really nice and looks awesome on the jacket
NICE! I received a Capri Bell just the other day and I already aged it with salt and vinegar. It turned out amazing and quite realistic. Where did you get yours, care to link? Mine doesnt have the date but I order it from the same link I saw on the capri bell here in the dedicated thread

Serghei87

NICE! I received a Capri Bell just the other day and I already aged it with salt and vinegar. It turned out amazing and quite realistic. Where did you get yours, care to link? Mine doesnt have the date but I order it from the same link I saw on the capri bell here in the dedicated thread
I got mine from the same link as you used from here. The seller name on ebay is ANGELABABYROCK. Could be a mistake from them. Try to contact them and use my photo showing that you did not get the date like i did

crism1

I got mine from the same link as you used from here. The seller name on ebay is ANGELABABYROCK. Could be a mistake from them. Try to contact them and use my photo showing that you did not get the date like i did

I ll definitely hit the guy/girl with a message. Here's mine mildly artificially aged

Attachments

• 20200105_142712.jpg
    20200105_142712.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
  • 20200105_142654.jpg
    20200105_142654.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 187

crism1

This is the one, right? Even in the sample pictures there isnt any date stamped :(

Griffon_301

Winter has come (at least in Austria)

View attachment 30105

Beautiful! Winter is here in certain areas and above certain heights above sea level since November in an on/off basis but if you stay above 1500m there should be enough of the white stuff to entertain everyone...below that, well, it depends..

That ANJ-4 looks just great! Will be my next jacket I guess...

On a sidenote, I dug up my el cheapo B-10, one of the first jackets I bought after my interest (and addiction) started...
It's an el cheapo one, no alpaca and the knits are also nowhere near correct ones but it's a nice jacket for everyday wear...I.patched it up to resemble a 521st NFS jacket complete with 9th AF Bullion patch and a rather quickly and imperfectly stencilled AAF decal...might not be comparable to a BR or RMC repro but a nice jacket nevertheless...(and do not mind the label :D)

Attachments

• 20200105_153320.jpg
    20200105_153320.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
  • 20200105_153256.jpg
    20200105_153256.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 155

B-Man2

Beautiful! Winter is here in certain areas and above certain heights above sea level since November in an on/off basis but if you stay above 1500m there should be enough of the white stuff to entertain everyone...below that, well, it depends..

That ANJ-4 looks just great! Will be my next jacket I guess...

On a sidenote, I dug up my el cheapo B-10, one of the first jackets I bought after my interest (and addiction) started...
It's an el cheapo one, no alpaca and the knits are also nowhere near correct ones but it's a nice jacket for everyday wear...I.patched it up to resemble a 521st NFS jacket complete with 9th AF Bullion patch and a rather quickly and imperfectly stencilled AAF decal...might not be comparable to a BR or RMC repro but a nice jacket nevertheless...(and do not mind the label :D)
Sometimes our first jackets are the ones we remember the most . Yours looks pretty good ! :)

Smithy

Weather is appalling here. Today fluctuated between -2 and +4. We'd had snow over night and throughout the day which was OK and then the bloody mercury shot up into positive. I'd been shovelling snow all morning in the Jerry Sumpfmuster parka, and then had to go to a belated Christmas party, which meant suit, overcoat, the whole shebang. Snowed whilst we were there so had to come back and shovel more bloody snow, and then the temperature shot up to 4, it started to rain and everything started to melt and become a soggy mess. I'm going to be living in a parka or rain gear and rubber/gum boots/wellingtons for the foreseeable future. Much rather it was minus and loads of snow.

Still could be worse, could be back in Oz, dealing with heat and smoke.