• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

Busred out the top box. Buzz Rickson (BR80528) russet Rough Wear 18091. Bought new in October and an absolutely mint find. Tried her on and back in the box. Smells brand new to boot. Size 42.
20200106_161839.jpg
20200106_161852(0).jpg
20200106_161849.jpg

Levi 514s with the cuffs ROLLED up and RM Williams Comfort Craftsman boots.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Have been asked to head to Sale and play SSM again to let Rowey get out flying in the Chinooks more. Holidays might get cut short. Only one combat uniform and no boots here.. Unless they fly me back to BNE to grab the 'appropriate' uniform I might be doing it in 'civvies'..

Had to see what the BR looked like..

Pilot

Is it in the region of Au, Bregenzerwald, Vorarlberg?
Was there until a few days ago, now en route to Incheon Korea.

newagegeezer

Bloody awful weather here at the moment, it's crazy warm for this time of year, around 5 today which is just stupid because it means no snow which is what we need because it lightens everything up. Sunset is around 1300 here (and we don't see it anyway because there's mountains to the south) so it's dark most of the day and without snow it's ridiculously dark. With snow everything is lighter, without it, it's just bloody dark.

To add to that we had gale force winds and 80mm of rain. I am only wearing a parka and I can't see that changing any time soon as there's gales and storms forecast for tomorrow and the weekend.

No photo as there's no point, it's just too damn dark.
Hope it changes by end of Jan... I'm going from London to Tromso to see some snow... I thought.... was about to start hunting out the thermal underwear.....

Smithy

Hope it changes by end of Jan... I'm going from London to Tromso to see some snow... I thought.... was about to start hunting out the thermal underwear.....

Oh there'll be snow in Tromsø, don't worry about that! They tend to get huge amounts in the city over the winter period.

newagegeezer

Oh there'll be snow in Tromsø, don't worry about that! They tend to get huge amounts in the city over the winter period.
great, i was hoping you were reporting from further South.
I spent NYE down on the coast at Deal, just along Kent coast from Dover, where it was mild but with a bitingly cold wind, there's a great free firework display on Deal beach at midnight, wore my 1940's car coat, top half leather and bottom half "teddy" fur, perfect for the conditions;
Cheers and great 2020 everyone

Attachments

• IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 239

ties70

Just arrived:

A USCG white-labelled G-1 made by Orchard in 1986. I know, these E-models are not the most desirable G-1 variants, and far less valuable than the gold- or silver-labelled earlier jackets....

But for 80 GBP, in almost unworn condition, I couldn't resist.

I think I will bring the jacket to my tailor and have the collar replaced by some proper mouton I still have. Otherwise, the jacket is good to go:

Best regards,

Ties

Flightengineer

Oh yeah, I remember that mouton collar replacment was an exciting manipulation on my G-1 :rolleyes:, but the operation was carried out perfectly without leaving any unnecessary tracks.