• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Took the dogs for a long walk along the Danube in the afternoon...by then it was rather warm and sunny so I switched to my L-2...great jacket for that kind of weather and activities... Doggos enjoyed it as well...

Attachments

• 20200108_201842.jpg
    20200108_201842.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 225
  • 20200108_172403.jpg
    20200108_172403.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 218

Griffon_301

I can only highly recommend the deck hook jackets...love mine! I cannot speak for other manufacturers, but with BR ones sizing wise go down two sizes from your usual jacket size :)
And as it seems BR did away with the celluloid layer between the lining and the outer shell in their current production run...last year's run featured that celluloid stuff but this year's run doesn't ... You can hear it ;)

A2 B3au

I can only highly recommend the deck hook jackets...love mine! I cannot speak for other manufacturers, but with BR ones sizing wise go down two sizes from your usual jacket size :)
And as it seems BR did away with the celluloid layer between the lining and the outer shell in their current production run...last year's run featured that celluloid stuff but this year's run doesn't ... You can hear it ;)
Appreciate that info

A2 B3au

About to put a BR Deck Zip 42 on eBay.
You’ve prob not seen but I’ve vowed to not touch another 42, a buzz I’ve given to my bro and my Elc cable leaves me with a feeling of “if only” each time I wear it... 40.s all the way for me.. nice one tho

mulceber

Your B-3 looks awesome. What are your thoughts on it? I hadn’t heard of Noble House, but I see their B-3 jackets are substantially cheaper than either Aero or ELC.

crism1

I think that quality-wise they are very honest jackets. The downside, and the main reason why they are not discussed a lot, is that they make "inspired" jackets and not fully spec repros

busdrivermike

Your B-3 looks awesome. What are your thoughts on it? I hadn’t heard of Noble House, but I see their B-3 jackets are substantially cheaper than either Aero or ELC.
Thanks, I really like it, it’s a solid well built jacket, This is my second year with it and still very happy
I had looked at elc but I couldn’t justify 2200 Canadian I also looked a aviation leathercraft i had an raf
From them years ago loved it, but $1100 also not justifiable but the $610 for this was easy to justify.
as crism1 stated they are not historically accurate but nor am I so it’s a wash.
I can say the customer service from noble house was fantastic, European Sizing can be odd so
I traded many emails with a Vanessa , even pics, I sent pics of a jacket and measurements that fit
They sent pics showing the jacket measured to compare.
Definitely better then a mall jacket and near the quality of my prior aviation leathercraft jacket
I will posting a review with up close pics and details probably Tomorrow.

mulceber

I also get the sense that the shearling jackets just don’t last as long as, for example, an A-2: you guys can correct me if I’m off base here, but I feel like I’ve seen at least a couple posts here mentioning a 1-2 decade old Eastman or Aero B-3s giving up the ghost, whereas most other flight jackets that age are trucking right along, albeit perhaps with new knits or a liner. That especially makes me reluctant to pay the big bucks for a shearling jacket. Can’t deny they look great though...

Last edited:

Griffon_301

I also get the sense that the shearling jackets just don’t last as long as, for example, an A-2: you guys can correct me if I’m off base here, but I feel like I’ve seen at least a couple posts here mentioning a 1-2 decade old Eastman or Aero B-3s giving up the ghost, whereas most other flight jackets that age are trucking right along, albeit perhaps with new knits or a liner. That especially makes me reluctant to pay the big bucks for a shearling jacket. Can’t deny they look great though...

Cannot confirm that! My ELC B-3 is nearly 25 years old and it is still perfectly wearable! Granted it looks very well worn but it should as it has been a faithful companion through the years...
It has some tears and the shearling has gotten shorter but that does not detract from its value as a jacket...

Another L-2 day for me today with an Alpha Hoodie underneath...

Attachments

• 20200110_093323.jpg
    20200110_093323.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 229

Griffon_301

Mine looks like it had been on the Schweinfurt/Regensburg and Berlin missions :D

There's a lot of memories connected to that jacket,...
My first dog cuddling up inside it when she was a puppy, some great winter walks with the doggo, some memorable winter holidays and many many more...IMHO these memories are what makes some of our jackets priceless :)