• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

The jacket is capeskin, and was made in Sweden.... From my other post researching the Lightning zipper on the jacket:

EDIT: As a vintage leather jacket enthusiast I found it fascinating that there was an entire region in Sweden devoted to manufacturing high-quality leather garments / goods. There were many various makers there ranging from small to larger businesses that were extremely active in producing leather jackets for aviation, motorsports, etc.. Other leather garments and goods were also specialized in / produced as well, such as footwear, gloves, caps, etc... I'm very pleased to have found a relic of the past from there in wearable condition.. :)
Techno
Were you able to come up with any company names or other ID info .? Just asking in case we happen upon one in the future.

Technonut2112

Techno
Were you able to come up with any company names or other ID info .? Just asking in case we happen upon one in the future.

Yes, the jacket was made by the S.E. Jonsson company in the Malung region of Sweden. I was able to locate a page from their 1936 catalog showing a leather flight suit they offered, which happens to also correspond with 1936 adverts I found showing a just about exact Lightning zipper as on my jacket. Here's pics of the label and catalog page:

DSCF0818.JPG

SEJ_12.jpg

And the 1936 Lightning zipper adverts:

Im193604CTCG-BOE.jpg

Im19360701Cy-Li.jpg

The Lightning zipper on my jacket:

DSCF0810.JPG

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

today i took the carharrt work-jacket outta the drawer ...

found the jacket a couple of years back on a harvester-thresher and asked the owner if i can Keep it - thought it was vintage (yeah - i know that was stupid) but then i saw that velcro-closures ... - like to wear her anyway even though she ain't leather

People in the Office get pissed (irritated) coz they think i do not take my work that serious when i wear farm-garment ... :)

ZfC2cqT.jpg

MikeyB-17

Oh f@£$ off!

:D:D:D:D
today i took the carharrt work-jacket outta the drawer ...

found the jacket a couple of years back on a harvester-thresher and asked the owner if i can Keep it - thought it was vintage (yeah - i know that was stupid) but then i saw that velcro-closures ... - like to wear her anyway even though she ain't leather

People in the Office get pissed (irritated) coz they think i do not take my work that serious when i wear farm-garment ... :)

I like Carhartt stuff, it’s pretty tough. You did well to get that for nothing, the new prices have gone up quite a bit these days. I have problems with their sizing though-I have a Detroit in large which is a bit snug, but I’ve tried an XL which was enormous. I have one of their baseball caps, once black, now a well-worn grey.