• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Wow -- cold Spring in East Anglia?

Yesterday was shirt sleeve order when we took the Jeep to a local village fete and for a short ride after but it soon gets chilly in the evening still. Today, while sunny, is chilly riding in that thing, well at least I thought so. Once parked up, sitting on a bench outside in the sun with a beer in hand it was back to shirtsleeve order and the jacket was stowed in the Jeep :)

Micawber

Yeah, while I do think ELC collars tend to be larger than is accurate, I'd be lying if I said I don't think it looks cool as hell.

Can't say I entirely agree Jan as based on originals I owned or had through my hands back in the mists of time they varied so much. The last original I wore regularly when driving the last MB I owned 25 years ago had a collar that when the straps were done up my eyeballs hardly peeked over the top. I think one has to be mindful that the jacket I'm wearing is not zipped right up to the top, if it were the collar points would be pulled inward away from the shoulders.

Chandler

Yesterday was shirt sleeve order when we took the Jeep to a local village fete and for a short ride after but it soon gets chilly in the evening still. Today, while sunny, is chilly riding in that thing, well at least I thought so. Once parked up, sitting on a bench outside in the sun with a beer in hand it was back to shirtsleeve order and the jacket was stowed in the Jeep :)
Yeah, even in the dead winter of a Chicago January, my Avirex B-3 seemed overkill.

That said, I love the weather that turns from sunny and warm to cool and snuggly in the evening.

It was always a joy to drive back from the pub with the top down and a flight jacket in my roadster.

Life's little pleasures.

Wz1999

A chilly morning here, took out my ELC B-10.
7fcf8782652348f6c4521266ca8b9115.jpeg

Smithy

I used to hit the like button in this thread all the time as I used to religiously trawl through it, so I apologise if anyone here has thought that I suddenly didn't like the jackets they were posting. The simple reason is that I only come on here a couple of times a week and I don't have the time to go through multiple pages of posts so I only look at the current page. An admission of forum laziness but I don't have as much time for surfing online as I had.

With that out of the way, it's been milder here and I've been living in the old Wested Raiders. My cheapest jacket but the one that has garnered the most comments from friends and strangers alike.

Photo? You've all seen it dozens of time so I thought that I wouldn't bore you with yet another snap of it :)

bseal

Today the other G-1 that has undergone the Dynel to Mouton collar change is a 2000 Brill Bros size 48 . For you review and comments . View attachment 110827 View attachment 110829View attachment 110831View attachment 110833

Meanwhile the GW and ELC Monarchs are enjoying themselves and basting in the bright Florida sun.

View attachment 110835
Change it back, it’s not worthy.

Whoa, an ELC and a GW nude sunbathing while holding hands?! Mods, might be time to lock this thread.

ZuZu

I just received a Jorge gauge size 46 Ralph Edwards 'c' pristine, unused, brand new! I found it with the help of a dear friend.
20230531_122113.jpg

20230531_122119.jpg

20230531_122353.jpg

20230531_122338.jpg

These don't have the Kennedyan panache of the 'B's but they're still way cool! It's such a hoot finding these brand new jackets- I envy Jorge who does it all the time. Thanks Dear Friend!

bseal

thank you but I'm just the meat in the sandwich ;)
I just received a Jorge gauge size 46 Ralph Edwards 'c' pristine, unused, brand new! I found it with the help of a dear friend. View attachment 111107

View attachment 111109
View attachment 111111

View attachment 111113

These don't have the Kennedyan panache of the 'B's but they're still way cool! It's such a hoot finding these brand new jackets- I envy Jorge who does it all the time. Thanks Dear Friend!
Is your dear friend interested in expanding their social circle? Wonderful catch, enjoy.

Thomas Koehle