• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

stanier

It's been a right weather rollercoaster this weekend, started with a B-3 and end with an A-2 via a D-1. Word is it'll be back to B-3 next week.. A-2 today is Good Wear RW 23380
1678630062985.png

John Luder

Wore this to the airport museum yesterday.
My new Five Star distressed russet. I'm digging the color, but I still lust for a Havana.
It's a size too large to accommodate a quick-on/quick-off down vest jacket underneath for the cool and blustery days on the ramp/apron/tarmc.
I threw it in the sink with hot water and bled off the odd bit of over-coloring, put it in the dryer, then on the suit form to roll the waist to train it to blouse over the waistband. Also a big fan of the sleeve blousing over the cuff.
The patch is a design that got away from me and started growing like Topsy.
For the Irish among us, and those who will be come Friday, I've the shamrock on the specs till I sober up Monday next. Erin Go Bragh. Bacon and cabbage for ya down there in Espana, Jonny Boyo?
And to the English and Commonwealth Cousins, please don't tell me the UJ is upside-down. It was hard enough to freehand those flags without minding the red over white lines.
Tomorrow is another day of torrential rain, one of scores during the last few months. I might have a chance to post my original 421 and M-41, purchased in 1977 or '78. Five Star 422 next, still trying to decide which color. I tend toward the reddish/brown collar, it sets off the color in my eyes, uh, eye.
Cheers, Homies,
Juanito de un Ojo
IMG_8694.jpg

A2 B3au

My new Five Star distressed russet. I'm digging the color, but I still lust for a Havana.
It's a size too large to accommodate a quick-on/quick-off down vest jacket underneath for the cool and blustery days on the ramp/apron/tarmc.
I threw it in the sink with hot water and bled off the odd bit of over-coloring, put it in the dryer, then on the suit form to roll the waist to train it to blouse over the waistband. Also a big fan of the sleeve blousing over the cuff.
For the Irish among us, and those who will be come Friday, I've the shamrock on the specs till I sober up Monday next. Erin Go Bragh. Bacon and cabbage for ya down there in Espana, Jonny Boyo?
And to the English and Commonwealth Cousins, please don't tell me the UJ is upside-down. It was hard enough to freehand those flags without minding the red over white lines.
Tomorrow is another day of torrential rain, one of scores during the last few months. I might have a chance to post my original 421 and M-41, purchased in 1977 or '78. Five Star 422 next, still trying to decide which color. I tend toward the reddish/brown collar, it sets off the color in my eyes, uh, eye.
Cheers, Homies,
Juanito de un Ojo
View attachment 100689
Great patch

Micawber

Cheers, Homies,
Juanito de un Ojo
View attachment 100689

Grand bit of customisation and giving it that worn in look. Patch suits you Sir!

JonnyCrow

Yup,cuffed my denim since I was a kid. Here's me standing between two heroes. One a top turret gunner with the 303rd BG Hell's Angels, the other a 94th BG ball turret gunner.

View attachment 100671
Cuffs are the way to go Grant, I cuff my vintage Levis 1901 high ride pants because that's the way they looked and made for suspenders with buttons like yours, nice denims by the way