• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome-tanned russet goatskin anyone?

Dany McDonald

Look at that collar...!

Doniger_collar.jpg

Someone is bound to acquire a very, very nice David D Doniger skin...

mulceber

Yeah, I gather John’s now more of a large 42. He and I basically wear the same jacket size, although I think his shoulders are a bit broader.

Dany McDonald

Dear Lorenzo! Would you be so kind as to share your body measurements and jacket dimensions? I am seriously considering that jacket, my only little concern is the sleeve length. You look great in yours!

That goat doesn't seem to crease a lot at the sleeve or event show any sleeve retraction with usage based on Lorenzo image. At 27 inches its a consideration for sure.

Lorenzo_l

Dear Lorenzo! Would you be so kind as to share your body measurements and jacket dimensions? I am seriously considering that jacket, my only little concern is the sleeve length. You look great in yours!
Hi @kev15 ,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't have the jacket's measurements to hand, but I will try to measure the jacket at some point this week. The thing with Goodwear, btw, is that the jackets are made to measure so, you provide your measurements to Mr J. Chapman, discuss contracts and patters and a jacket is then made to your suit your measurements and specifications. No off-the-shelf jackets there (unless you get them from the "Sales jackets" section).

Lorenzo_l

That goat doesn't seem to crease a lot at the sleeve or event show any sleeve retraction with usage based on Lorenzo image. At 27 inches its a consideration for sure.
The picture was taken right after I received the jacket, so no time for jacket to relax or develop creases. Thing is, after 8 months, while the jacket has relaxed considerably and is even more comfortable to wear than it was when the picture was taken, there are no creases on the sleeves either. Partly to do with the goatskin, I suppose. I've seen pictures of originals and I have hardly noticed any creases on those either.

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

The picture was taken right after I received the jacket, so no time for jacket to relax or develop creases. Thing is, after 8 months, while the jacket has relaxed considerably and is even more comfortable to wear as it was when the picture was taken, there are no creases on the sleeves either. Partly to do with the goatskin, I suppose. I've seen pictures of originals and I have hardly noticed any creases on those either.

Agreed, and I think that its inherent to goatskin to behave that way. USN jackets that I have have not developed creases.