• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Micawber

Hotel Bathroom night scans out of Saigon ... picturing an a 2 twoo months old 63 hours flight time ( officially looged:):):)) GW RW A-2 27752... just puting it over my shoulders up and down... Tropical rain.. 45 deg C prior the vietsun taxi and and hotel 18 deg C hotel lobby...day by day... No cream no whatever oiling... just wearing... still no creases... never ever had with top top notch jackets or WW2 A-2’s

I'd say that was fairly light and civilised use so not surprised it has not incurred any creasing :)

Pilot

Sorry IMHO... a few elite members here defined this already and they are 100% right IMHO...
WW2 A-2 are draping... hence no or very minor creasing pleads folds etc...take off the jacket flatten it even on the floor... no noticesble creasing... Creasing means thick non WW2 not as it should be if compared to WW original leather..Not draping... lots of knowledgeable members pointed this out many times at many occasions..
Happy to see posts or descriptions of WW2 A-2 jackets where a sustained creasing hence not draping can be observed...
Creases ( sustainable flat on the floor) are a repro copy maker invention...IMHO
All the best...

Pilot

I'd say that was fairly light and civilised use so not surprised it has not incurred any creasing :)
OK...
Accepted... but check details plus the pocket snaps... compare with yours...after a few weeks only...
Anyway, let me do the same again once arrived in Bangkok...
Fair enough...

Last edited:

Pilot

Happy to see the same of any other after approx 2 months of wear and no leather Botoxing...
Happy to compete at any time...

44779CD4-5F6B-4C63-9E22-416C2B9C65C4.jpeg
46DD183C-893F-456C-959E-8FB45281BE42.jpeg

Ken at Aero Leather

A very heavily used repro, we rarely see one of those on VLJ

After 13 years.........

Ken A-2 2013.JPG

After 17 years......

a-2 Ken 2017.jpg

A certain amount of creasing considering.

now another heavily worn A-2, original this time, mine for over 20 years, sold a few years back, treated really badly, never oiled, but retained it's original, zipper, waistband and lining

Ken A-2 Aero.jpg

PS The new cuffs were only put on it for the new owner!

Last edited:

Pilot

Yeah from the pic that GW is yet to be fully broken in.
Will really break it in in the next few days...;););)... my job...
Lets see it again in 4 days from now...
@all ...Show us yours after 2 months without leather Botoxing...

Micawber

OK...
Accepted... but check details plus the pocket snaps... compare with yours...after a few weeks only...
Anyway, let me do the sane again once arrived in Bangkok...
Fair enough...

Sorry, which one are we comparing it to - the GW Star in my last or Platon Dubow posted earlier?

Both have been worn when doing fairly strenuous physical work out here in the Norfolk countryside. The Platon Dubow in particular has been thoroughly soaked [and I mean sodden] by heavy rain more than once, splashed with wet clay mud which stayed and got rubbed in until hosed off [hung on a gate and washed off with a hosepipe], has been worn while doing work around the yard [farm yard - not garden], been worn while shifting electric fencing in my fields, dealing with my horses which includes dealing with their "by-products", lifting muddy feet and cleaning out hooves, tractor driving - you name it. It's a work jacket and was purchased as such. I'm not defending a particular product BTW but there's wear, and then there's wear.

Pilot

Again... happy to see WW2 A-2 after more than 70 years ... destressed flat on the floor creasing...
Thx.

B-Man2

It was raining / overcast yesterday... Only 6:42 AM right now.. Hopefully it will be sunny enough to get a few decent pics later this morning..

EDIT: Someone asked for measurements of my size 46:

Pit-Pit: 24"
Shoulders: 18.5"
Sleeves (including knits): 26"
Length (including knits): 25"

Just a bit off from specified measurements for a 46 in the chest and shoulders, but luckily in a direction which makes the jacket fit EXACTLY as I like... ;):)

Techno
Those shoulder measurements 18 .5 are small for a size 46, even for WWII original A2’s. I have a few WWII 46’s the smallest of which is a 19. In the shoulders.
Great jacket though. I really like it.

Pilot

Bryce
Have you worn your jacket in a heavy rain yet?
That might be a reason for no creases yet?
Just a thought.
Yup...2x ...already. Besides wearing it in 38deg C 75%RH ( measured in the shade of course) gives the jacket an inside “HWT” as well....even if not raining.:):):)

Last edited:

bubbahavens

Hello guys I’m new to this group. I ordered a Platon in seal a few days ago. Does anyone know approximately the waiting time until delivery? Thanks