• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Pilot

GW Dubow, no creases, ....Aero , no creases, ...ELC RW almost none...

BB5D58D7-7A6A-42C0-96EF-4F7B0D1DD618.jpeg

Micawber

Ok I'll bite again;)

Perhaps I can refer to the photo I posted last night showing the arm of my 46” GW Star [below]. I see heavy creasing, creasing caused by physically heavy graft outdoors in all weather's.
I would be interested to photos of a similar "high end" repro that has subject it to the activities I outlined earlier. English farm activities that include wear in mud and muck such as the unsavory task of shoveling large quantitities of urine and dung soaked large animal bedding in torrential rain necessitating hosing off the garment after hours of wear :)
Would I subject a 70+ year old issue garment to such use these days - no I would not.

IMG_20181121_172131607.jpg

Pilot

528CA130-83AA-421C-A20A-B961ED98BB77.png
Ok I'll bite again;)

Perhaps I can refer to the photo I posted last night showing the arm of my 46” GW Star [below]. I see heavy creasing, creasing caused by physically heavy graft outdoors in all weather's.
I would be interested to photos of a similar "high end" repro that has subject it to the activities I outlined earlier. English farm activities that include wear in mud and muck such as the unsavory task of shoveling large quantitities of urine and dung soaked large animal bedding in torrential rain necessitating hosing off the garment after hours of wear :)
Would I subject a 70+ year old issue garment to such use these days - no I would not.

Great GW Star. Thx for sharing ....Sure all have already seen this one below.
View attachment 11839
Great Star. Thx for sharing, sure all have already seen JC’s original. My full respect for your job.

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Ok I'll bite again;)
SNIP I see heavy creasing, creasing caused by physically heavy graft outdoors in all weather's.
I would be interested to photos of a similar "high end" repro that has subject it to the activities I outlined earlier. :)

View attachment 11839

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/17-years-of-hard-wear.20212/

Apart from shovelling shit I'd bet that one's been subjected to harder wear and more abuse than any repro I've seen on here. (Yours included)
.................and Yes, I did subject my 70+year old A-2 (posted in this thread yesterday) to similar wear, I wouldn't have sold it if it had still done up over a sweater, still had decades of life left in it

Micawber

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/17-years-of-hard-wear.20212/

Apart from shovelling shit I'd bet that one's been subjected to harder wear and more abuse than any repro I've seen on here. (Yours included)
.................and Yes, I did subject my 70+year old A-2 (posted in this thread yesterday) to similar wear, I wouldn't have sold it if it had still done up over a sweater, still had decades of life left in it

Fair enough Ken. Nowt wrong with a bit of honest shit shoveling, it keeps the tubes clear :D

jeremiah

Ok so if that’s what we are not calling creases then my BK arco has none either. So it’s not just JC’s jacket. I think it probably comes down to type of leather used. And yes, Ken wins the prize for the most heavily worn repro. That thing looks awesome.

Happy thanksgiving all.

Last edited:

bubbahavens

What would be a correct size for my order from Platons Dubow website? Actual waist size is 40. Although in Levi’s is 33. Chest all around is 41. Shoulders all around is 49. I’m 5’7” tall weighing 179 lbs. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Pilot

Ok so if that’s what we are not calling creases then my BK arco has none either. So it’s not just JC’s jacket. I think it probably comes down to type of leather used. And yes, Ken wins the prize for the most heavily worn repro. That thing looks awesome.

Happy thanksgiving all.
Happy Thanksgiving to all...
My point started with draping...Draping with no permanent remaing folds pleads wrinkles..( maybe I wrongly called it creasing... but anyhow many here got my point even if wrongly named) since these wrinkles, pleads etc...would not mean draping...to me at least...
My prime makers...drape..IMHO...

Cocker

Happy Thanksgiving to all...
My point started with draping...Draping with no permanent remaing folds pleads wrinkles..( maybe I wrongly called it creasing... but anyhow many here got my point even if wrongly named) since these wrinkles, pleads etc...would not mean draping...to me at least...
My prime makers...drape..IMHO...

So a lot of original jackets must not have been done by prime makers, then.

jeremiah

Oh it fell apart on its own. Cheap factory perfect binding. I make, as well as restore, books with both fine binding and traditional binding. After I am through this book binding will be stout.

bubbahavens

Pilot with the dimensions that I listed above which size jacket would you say would be appropriate. I don’t know how these fit. Never owned one. Thanks

Pilot

Pilot with the dimensions that I listed above which size jacket would you say would be appropriate. I don’t know how these fit. Never owned one. Thanks
Risky risky...
Would say a 44” short... but no guarantee..
Not sure Platoon will do or provide this...

Members online

Latest posts