• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

B-Man2

LOL! :) I was promptly directed to the bank in that town who deals with the State Lottery before they closed, and cashed that bad-boy! They wanted to take my picture at the lottery office, but I declined since I knew I would have relatives I didn't even know I had sniffing around for a loan if they found out somehow.. I haven't even told my immediate family anything, and probably won't.. :p Only my girlfriend knows, and only because she was at the store with me when my eyes bugged-out after scratching! I will have to pay the Federal & State taxman though.. I thought it would be deducted, but I received the entire amount.

Damn, my luck is on a roll.. In the past 10 minutes, I just sniped two eBay auctions for a couple of nice AAF 'sweetheart' pins for my collection at the prices I wanted to pay..:D
Damn Son!!
Your rollin 7 ‘s on every roll!!

Technonut2112

I was just looking at the jacket again, and IMO the collar is quite recognizable as a Dubow. The 'points' appear more 'Dubowish' than an original to me in this comparison:

DSCF0638.JPG
130805-1.jpg

Micawber

LOL! :) I was promptly directed to the bank in that town who deals with the State Lottery before they closed, and cashed that bad-boy! They wanted to take my picture at the lottery office, but I declined since I knew I would have relatives I didn't even know I had sniffing around for a loan if they found out somehow.. I haven't even told my immediate family anything, and probably won't.. :p Only my girlfriend knows, and only because she was at the store with me when my eyes bugged-out after scratching! I will have to pay the Federal & State taxman though.. I thought it would be deducted, but I received the entire amount.

Damn, my luck is on a roll.. In the past 10 minutes, I just sniped two eBay auctions for a couple of nice AAF 'sweetheart' pins for my collection at the prices I wanted to pay..:D

Well you've seen pictures of how the one I got [your cancelled 44] quickly took on that lived in look after wearing it in the rain and getting mucky jobbing about outside then being hosed off. Yes that is extreme and does not make for a pretty background for close-ups of fancy watches, but it does subject the garment to rapid breaking in and use for what in the real world was issued work clothing often used in hostile environments.

I'd be interested to find out the actual measurements of your 46 before it gets too creased though.....

Whatsit

I just called the USPS and they said that the package never left Greece. So that in my humble opinion means I’m screwed and will never receive this jacket.

Pilot

Sorry to read that.
Platoon maybe can assist...if not, surely Paypal can...if you paid by PP.
Again sorry about that...
Please post the next...

Brettafett

Platon said that if things go well, there may be other Dubow contracts offered in the future... It would seem that things are going well, relatively speaking (reviews and general response from those who have received their jackets).
With the the prices of other top tier makers going sky high, this bodes well for us jacket fans.
I'd love to see a 20960! Seal brown, mid brown knit.

Pilot

I was just looking at the jacket again, and IMO the collar is quite recognizable as a Dubow. The 'points' appear more 'Dubowish' than an original to me in this comparison:

View attachment 11764 View attachment 11763
Looking great...wowwww... believe Platoon learned it about the Dubow colar tips..the first “batch” was not at all like that.
In my order I specified Dubow pointed colar tips...as a lot here pointed out...its a must...

Whatsit

Yes sent Platon a message but if the jacket was stolen at the airport or somehow ended up being removed then the odds are the person that took it is not going to return it and therefore screwed.
Records show it reached the Athens airport on the third at 1:30 am. And that’s the last any record shows. The usps says it’s “still in the country of origin” meaning it never left the airport in my opinion anyways.

Whatsit

Let’s see what Platon finds out first. He just emailed saying he’s going to check out what’s happening

Pilot

Yes sent Platon a message but if the jacket was stolen at the airport or somehow ended up being removed then the odds are the person that took it is not going to return it and therefore screwed.
Records show it reached the Athens airport on the third at 1:30 am. And that’s the last any record shows. The usps says it’s “still in the country of origin” meaning it never left the airport in my opinion anyways.
Surely it was insured...at worst via Paypal...

Brettafett

Sorry to hear this, very disconcerting and annoying. You will get your jacket, this one or another... no doubt.
If it does not turn up... Would be funny if this jacket turns up randomly on Ebay (not on Platon's page...) Lets keep an eye out... for a "Dubow Bomber Jacket".

Last edited:

Micawber

I just called the USPS and they said that the package never left Greece. So that in my humble opinion means I’m screwed and will never receive this jacket.

That's more than annoying. I hope Platon and Hellenic Post can trace what has happened to your package. The one I received came in a standard RM-Maxi-SPB-Small Parcel PiP Box with the clearly printed self adhesive label with my address on stuck firmly and with clear tape over it. This label also has the return address in small text on the bottom too. The tracking label was stuck firm but a separate return address label was only hanging on for dear life by one edge.

Postal services are usually fairly well connected within their country of origins but once into an air freight / port environment then passed to foreign postal services the connectivity is sometimes a bit patchy. I speak as someone who has sent and received shipments by various means all over the world over the years. Last sour episode involved two identical items shipped from the same sender in the United States via USPS on two separate occasions, tracking showed both arriving at the airport and there the trail went cold - twice! That has been the exception to the rule though, things that fell into the black hole of inadequate tracking sometimes turned up totally out of the blue.

B-Man2

I would put in a claim now with Pay Pal. They are always responsive to the buyers side of the descrepancy. They will freeze his account until they complete a review of the issue. I’m certain that will get a response from Platon and get things moving towards a resolution.

Micawber

Thanks for the measurement Technonut - for I am the "someone" who asked for them;)

Another few days of heavy use in some appallingly wet and cold weather here resulting in another soaking or two. As a result I've given it a thin coat of Oakwood leather conditioner which contains beeswax and lanolin.

Excuse the dusty harness behind...
IMG_20181121_120908693.jpg

IMG_20181121_120747265.jpg

Last edited: