• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Eastman Leather M422A "Elite Unit"

Kermit3D

I see there's a new jacket in ELC's "Elit Unit" range : a very nice Gordon & Ferguson M422A.
A replica of the jacket worn by S/Sgt Henry C. Finkowski (1923-1984), a radio operator/artiller on a B-25.

Definitely a superb jacket ! Very fine paintwork, as always on the Elite Unit range.
.......Yeah, it's beautiful... but $2270... oh boy !!!!

1700915827972.png

Last edited:

ZuZu

I see there's a new jacket in ELC's "Elit Unit" range : a very nice Gordon & Ferguson M422A.
A replica of the jacket worn by S/Sgt Henry C. Finkowski (1923-1984), a radio operator/artiller on a B-25.

Definitely a superb jacket ! Very fine paintwork, as always on the Elite Unit range.
.......Yeah, it's beautiful... but $2270... oh boy !!!!

View attachment 128365
Absurd price- you can get a wearable original for less. Collar is not right- too pointy- not straight hair mouton - looks like brown sheepskin!

ZuZu

A cursory internet search will show that Eastman's mouton isn't right on any of their jackets- it's sheepskin, not mouton. (The new B-10 is an exception because it has a white sheepskin collar). Also the collars on most of their B-10s and M-422a type jackets are too pointy. Not being mean- just pointing out something that can easily be corrected especially for $1500 to $1700 jackets!

s-l1600a (1).jpg

34927753-2156-4158-AE90-B51866107400.jpeg

20180812-165958.jpg

These are made with sheepskin dyed brown- never subjected to the electical mouton straightening process (whatever that is). It never ages right...

B-Man2

A cursory internet search will show that Eastman's mouton isn't right on any of their jackets- it's sheepskin, not mouton. (The new B-10 is an exception because it has a white sheepskin collar). Also the collars on most of their B-10s and M-422a type jackets are too pointy. Not being mean- just pointing out something that can easily be corrected especially for $1500 to $1700 jackets!

View attachment 128387

View attachment 128389

View attachment 128391

These are made with sheepskin dyed brown- never subjected to the electical mouton straightening process (whatever that is). It never ages right...
You’re in the middle of a mine field Zu .
If I were you, I wouldn’t take another step;)

CBI

I agree about the collar but it still looks cool. I would not buy it cause its too $$$$ for me but loose good. I DO think for the price, they could address the collar.

Dany McDonald

I disagree, it looks like exactly like my Monarch G-1 J-7823 AER collar. I am just saying ELC could be reproducing that specific look or style. And maybe it's just a failure to some. Too bad no one from ELC to nourish this post.
I prefer the strait hair mouton my self though, rarely seen correctly reproduced.

Smithy

I disagree, it looks like exactly like my Monarch G-1 J-7823 AER collar. I am just saying ELC could be reproducing that specific lookor style.
I prefer the strait hair mouton my self though, rarely seen correctly reproduced.

Sorry but I don't think you actually know what mouton is.

Mouton is sheepskin which is treated to be straightened so it looks like fur rather than sheepskin/fleece.

The "mouton" collar on this new ELC jacket doesn't look like mouton hence why Jeff called it out initially and several of us others have also chimed in on it.