• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Eastman Leather M422A "Elite Unit"

Pilot

Mouton… NOS… not curly „hairs“ but straight.. 1/2 inch long… as it should be..
6D8DBB96-958D-42AF-B956-2393A3067327.jpeg
FF0AFE6D-223D-4F1F-8723-0AE4E7E1A5C5.jpeg
F919F5B1-1F99-4A96-980C-3D333C0792AF.jpeg
B3246D77-D770-4702-8017-D31120FF0BF9.jpeg

Greg Gale

I agree about the collars. My AVI's collar is exquisite. I'd expect the same on an ELC. And these prices...don't even get me started on them...

But hey, if I was Gary and I could see that there are people willing to pay this much, I'd do the same. Why work for less if you can get more?

warguy

Today at 1:41 PM
“A cursory internet search will show that Eastman's mouton isn't right on any of their jackets- it's sheepskin, not mouton”.

Really, let’s not be ridiculous.

I agree the “sheepskin” on this jacket that started this post is not correct but it is also no a correct statement to suggest all of Eastmans jackets are sheepskin and not mouton. I have a gorgeous mouton collar on my Eastman M-422A. Just sayIn.

1700965961050.png

Spitfireace

Maybe Eastman uses sheepskin because old mouton, once it gets worn down, tends to be less fur like. Question: were the WW2 B-10 and B15's sheepskin collars, or mouton collars? I have no originals but have a BR B-15 and it's sheepskin not mouton. I assume this is correct.

Pilot

Maybe Eastman uses sheepskin because old mouton, once it gets worn down, tends to be less fur like. Question: were the WW2 B-10 and B15's sheepskin collars, or mouton collars? I have no originals but have a BR B-15 and it's sheepskin not mouton. I assume this is correct.
I am quite certain „ mouton“ , it became a bit more compact with wear and aging but mouton .
See attached.

Kermit3D

A cursory internet search will show that Eastman's mouton isn't right on any of their jackets- it's sheepskin, not mouton. (The new B-10 is an exception because it has a white sheepskin collar). Also the collars on most of their B-10s and M-422a type jackets are too pointy. Not being mean- just pointing out something that can easily be corrected especially for $1500 to $1700 jackets!

View attachment 128387

View attachment 128389

View attachment 128391

These are made with sheepskin dyed brown- never subjected to the electical mouton straightening process (whatever that is). It never ages right...
100% agree, I can't explain why this collar didn't catch my eye when I published this post yesterday... this collar definitely has something wrong with it.

Kermit3D

Except for that strange collar (still that cauliflower look), it's still a very nice jacket (IMHO).
The goatskin color seems much better than this M-422A. Unless it's just a question of lighting.
... and yes, at that price, a collar like that is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Pilot

Thankyou/merci G.
Spot on!
Shows all the wrong sides of the collar of the besaid ELC invention.
Edit.. here in „the money printing world.. „ nobody is really interested in such little „nonsense details“.. ELC still has a good name however, just a „little behind „ BR and TRMC‘s .
( price wise and in fame :) )
Anyway selling like hot cakes with their various products and outlets in Asia and Gulf.

Last edited:

bseal

I think it was called Electrfield Lamb. My mum had a coat made from it, it looked like mink.

Bill Kelso is on board:

Kermit3D

And once again, yesterday, as I was standing in line at the butcher's, when I saw the photo of the new ELC M-422A on my phone, my first reaction was : Wow! that's really cool !

Pilot

And once again, yesterday, as I was standing in line at the butcher's, when I saw the photo of the new ELC M-422A on my phone, my first reaction was : Wow! that's really cool !
Standing in line?
Cartes de rationements à nouveau dans le Micron-Paradis:) ?
Apologies, I am mean… but happy I am out:) also out of all lines :cool: