• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the Fivestar HH and Goatskin Better Jacket

Ritchy

There is a long thread on the Rough Wear 27752 from Fivestar with a rather favorable opinion on the reliability of the reproduction and the quality of the jacket.
I'll let myself be tempted and I'd like to open a new topic to find out which Fivestar jacket you think best respects the original horsehide and goatskin jacket (patern, leather, color,...).
Illustrative photos are welcome.
Thanks for your contributions

B-Man2

No disrespect or insult intended.
But .. it seems like a great deal of hand wringing and questioning regarding your potential choice for a new jacket. Much of the information you’re seeking out is already here in the archives and search functions of this forum . “what jackets are you wearing and the reviews sections” have a great deal of info on 5 Star hides, contracts, and knits selection. We are continuously going over previously addressed questions. Again no disrespect just making a point .
To show my intent is not being disrespectful I will be happy to share photos of three 5 Star jackets I currently own .
Top is a sky king cowhide
Middle a DuBow Goat Skin
Bottom A Doniger Goatskin

IMG_3251.jpeg

Last edited:

Ritchy

Thank you Burt for your frankness and I see no disrespect in your words.
I know all of this but things are changing at Fivestar and some positions are from a certain time.
My objective was to have a complete summary easily accessible, on the offer to date.
Cheers

B-Man2

Thank you Burt for your frankness and I see no disrespect in your words.
I know all of this but things are changing at Fivestar and some positions are from a certain time.
My objective was to have a complete summary easily accessible, on the offer to date.
Cheers
Thank you for your patience with my reply .
I understand your reasoning ..
if I can offer further help please let me know.

Ritchy

In addition, I realize while browsing the forum that some are interested in the budget offer.
This subject, if developed, will be of interest to the entire VLJ community.

flyincowboy

To be honest i never had a 5* Goatskin jacket got only a Steer hide RW 27752 and Horsehide DUBOW 27798 . Was not happy with the colour of the 27752 so got a redye treatment. And wear it as much as i can. Hard to tell which one is the best

H H Dubow mid brown and RW 27752 steerhide redyed.
HH DUBOW.jpg

fred 5 star 27752  roughwear.jpg
Love the DUBOW the leather is so supple and the jacket is very comfortable to wear. Next plan is to get a goatskin one soon. But which model?