• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero (limited) "Quatermaster" A-2 Run

Marv

Looks like they are selling as the Aero site has already sold out fo the seal horsehide jackets :)

John Lever

The workmanship on these heavy leathers has to be seen to be believed. Those machinists must get very sore fingers.

Marv

John Lever said:
The workmanship on these heavy leathers has to be seen to be believed. Those machinists must get very sore fingers.

I had an Aero Highwayman in heay black steerhide which I had picked up second hand and even with some wear already, it was very difficult to break in and the quality and workmanship was outstanding...........I sold it on recently as it wasn't getting much wear it would be better house with someone would wear it how it should be worn, I'm afraid the A2 took preference.

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
Check out this stunning jacket from Aero wow !
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/prod ... hp?id=1275

I picked up mine last year from Galashiels after a six month wait. I opted to get an "Irvin sheerling" removable collar though. I love this jacket. All 8 pounds of it. But living out here in California, I can't wear it all the time. (32° this AM, and some ice in the yard!)

As to Aero's mil offerings. People here didn't give BK or GB the same stink they continue to give Aero. And of course, it's totally fair game to critique a "contract" jacket. Again - because this point seems to get lost - you can do it with class. Having great knowledge and acting like a Jr High jock, picking in the "nerd" doesn't make your point(s) more valid. Similar to my use of the colorful vocabulary.
People will likely get as much or more joy from those "inferior" jackets than the items of perfection that get flipped here like pancakes at IHOP. Most of the "most awesome jackets in the world" never even get broken in. Now that's kinda funny.

269sqnhudson

ButteMT61 said:
John Lever said:

I picked up mine last year from Galashiels after a six month wait. I opted to get an "Irvin sheerling" removable collar though. I love this jacket. All 8 pounds of it. But living out here in California, I can't wear it all the time. (32° this AM, and some ice in the yard!)

As to Aero's mil offerings. People here didn't give BK or GB the same stink they continue to give Aero. And of course, it's totally fair game to critique a "contract" jacket. Again - because this point seems to get lost - you can do it with class. Having great knowledge and acting like a Jr High jock, picking in the "nerd" doesn't make your point(s) more valid. Similar to my use of the colorful vocabulary.
People will likely get as much or more joy from those "inferior" jackets than the items of perfection that get flipped here like pancakes at IHOP. Most of the "most awesome jackets in the world" never even get broken in. Now that's kinda funny.

Don't get so riled up, chill. If anyone wants to be a jacket snob then this is probably the right forum. What's going on this week? Everyone's so touchy. I've got a Cooper and I quite like it but many hate them. Do I care? Not at all, that's the whole point of the forum! What's the point in going 'Ooh that's nice' about every jacket? I really just don't understand all the sensitivity this week.

ButteMT61

269sqnhudson said:
ButteMT61 said:
John Lever said:

Don't get so riled up, chill. If anyone wants to be a jacket snob then this is probably the right forum. What's going on this week? Everyone's so touchy. I've got a Cooper and I quite like it but many hate them. Do I care? Not at all, that's the whole point of the forum! What's the point in going 'Ooh that's nice' about every jacket? I really just don't understand all the sensitivity this week.

Hey look, you wanna stand in your bathroom or attic and takes pics of yourself and your jackets have at it. I'd probably recommend one less jacket and one more friend to have a beer or two with, but that's me. I'm chilled. Well chilled.

A

Anonymous

What's the point in going 'Ooh that's nice' about every jacket?

Regarding this I 'd like to say, if I post my bathroom photo in my new jacket and it sucks, I prefer to hear your honest opinion, i.e. that it sucks, rather to hear 'Ooh that's nice' just because you are trying to be polite.

It think the negatives should be heard so that makers get some useful feedback in case they like to improve their products.

ButteMT61

Persimmon said:
petermack09 said:
Taking pics in their bathrooms,,,,,,,,,,class scott ,class :lol: :lol:

Class ? Really ??
I thought it such a sad remark

He was being sarcastic. But hey, chill, lighten up, etc. why so sensitive. Ya'll like honesty supposedly. Enjoy.

petermack09

Persimmon said:
petermack09 said:

Class ? Really ??
Really ? i thought it was funny,,,have you taken any pics in your bathroom per chance ? bet you have ;)

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
What's the point in going 'Ooh that's nice' about every jacket?

Regarding this I 'd like to say, if I post my bathroom photo in my new jacket and it sucks, I prefer to hear your honest opinion, i.e. that it sucks, rather to hear 'Ooh that's nice' just because you are trying to be polite.

It think the negatives should be heard so that makers get some useful feedback in case they like to improve their products.

PLATON,
You take criticisms well. I do the same. I've sold jackets after getting negative feedback that was honest. I've never had anyone though be mean or nasty over it. That's what I'm asking.
OTOH, when someone asks "how does this jacket look?" And it's obviously all wrong, followed by "looks great man" posts, of course I find that stupid. Honesty just needs to be buffered with the fact that there's people behind the posts.

Persimmon

petermack09 said:
Persimmon said:
petermack09 said:

Class ? Really ??
Really ? i thought it was funny,,,have you taken any pics in your bathroom per chance ? bet you have ;)

No I haven't but I really don't think that is the point. Class.... sorry but really shame on you

The thread started out about Aero bringing out a new jacket.
It is clear to the vast majority of folk on the site feel that the standards of Aero in their military jackets fall far short of Eastman, Kelso and Goodwear.

It was pointed out that this particularly A2 was not that great and then others of course can and will have their say in defense if they wish.
Fair enough ..We all have diffirent views and we all have the right to say them.

Well that seems to be unless we critize the great lord in the sky "Aero"
Thank goodness this is not the Hat Place where so many seem to be blinded by this company and hold every product to be superb and without fault.

Here on this forum we seem to be able to accept that others can offer a fair point.
Unless it seems we point out issues with Aero jackets.

I hardly visit Fedora because of the blind loyalty shown to the Aero brand and the rabid response if you dare offer opinions against their products.

Personally I have had two Aero A2's
Both were traded on.
The leather was not to the highest standards and they were not "house jackets" but replica's of contracts.
Unfortunately in summary they were just not that accurate for the money.
Both were also sold to me with new old stock zips which turned out to be replica's but I know I am not the first to have been caught out there in recent years.

So if you like Aero's keep buying them.
I personally want a more accurate looking, better fitting jacket than they offer especially for the prices they charge.
If Aero jamilitary jackets fit well and look good to the purchaser then that is a long way down the line to perfection for some.

Just please allow folks to also have there say and point out issues that make them not want to buy from Aero

ButteMT61

Well, if TFL is the Aero alter, this place is the ELC alter. Exact same sh** happens here. So if you think it's one-sided, it's not. I've not loved every Aero I own. I've never said they are perfect. Search back on ELC as it relates to "mustang", "red tails", "inferior hides", "VAT" etc. Guys on both sides. Defenders get all butt hurt. Critics laugh. Same as TFL. Just switching sides of the field is all.
How "good" a jacket is or isn't is based on different criteria for different people. If "accuracy” were the only detail that mattered, I guess the likes of Aero, Gibson & Barnes and others would have lasted but a short time. They've all prospered. Does that make their owners dopes as some here insinuate? Nope, because as I said, I see more guys flipping barely worn masterpieces than the cheap(er) ones. Why is that?

Persimmon

ButteMT61 said:
Well, if TFL is the Aero alter, this place is the ELC alter. Exact same sh** happens here. So if you think it's one-sided, it's not. I've not loved every Aero I own. I've never said they are perfect. Search back on ELC as it relates to "mustang", "red tails", "inferior hides", "VAT" etc. Guys on both sides. Defenders get all butt hurt. Critics laugh. Same as TFL. Just switching sides of the field is all.
How "good" a jacket is or isn't is based on different criteria for different people. If "accuracy” were the only detail that mattered, I guess the likes of Aero, Gibson & Barnes and others would have lasted but a short time. They've all prospered. Does that make their owners dopes as some here insinuate? Nope, because as I said, I see more guys flipping barely worn masterpieces than the cheap(er) ones. Why is that?

Ha ha
I thought there was a backlash here against Eastman and we were all Goodwear fanatics !!

I am reminded of a quote from Shakespeare.
Change the sex and ...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

ButteMT61

Persimmon said:
ButteMT61 said:

Ha ha
I thought there was a backlash here against Eastman and we were all Goodwear fanatics !!

I am reminded of a quote from Shakespeare.
Change the sex and ...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Not at all. I laugh more here than anything. I think others are too. Guys here more upset over jackets than if someone insulted their mommas. Aero were ahead of the game all along selling steer as horse. Who'd a guessed it's a legit WWII material? How many HH originals sold here and elsewhere that were mooing instead of running before becoming a prized possession? Could be quite a few.