• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman / Aero price gouging on overseas sales

ButteMT61

I think JL gets a 20% discount :lol:
Some guys should make up for the fat guys. I reckon for every fatty, we got five guys that use 1/2 of the hide. Should be no issues. ;)

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
My solution...lets all go to the pub... mine's a double hop american IPA.

Titanic Wreckage for me, and some pork scratchings. :)
Best suggestion of the day. But I'd like to wait for fall so we can wear some leather - comfortably!

Vcruiser

I'm unloadin all my English leather...and YES..backloading more VAT. Drinking Boar's Piss from the Black Forest and dancin with myself. :p

ButteMT61

I somehow always knew...

english_leather_3001.jpg

Persimmon

John Lever said:
Brilliant !
You see we can b*tch and still be friends.
Congrats on the Mars landing, amazing...

Well thank goodness its a US mission .

If it was Eastman or Aero they would be charging 20% more to ship it to Mars !!
And laughing all the way to the bank !!

Dr H

Persimmon said:
John Lever said:
Brilliant !

Well thank goodness its a US mission .

If it was Eastman or Aero they would be charging 20% more to ship it to Mars !!
And laughing all the way to the bank !!

Ah, but you're forgetting that the price the larger Venusian pays offsets that charge... ;)

Jeff M

tcwu said:
any one calls or e-mail ELC/Aero for this issue yet?
what's their official answer?

What do you want to know?
I posted my email replies from ELC earlier in this thread.

Their initial reply when I asked about VAT was;

"The price you see on the website doesn't include VAT to the US, so the price you see is the price you would pay (plus postage of course)."

This seemed a bit misleading...so I asked again, and their reply was;

"Because we sell internationally, to keep things simple, we have the same price for everyone - for sales in the UK, we absorb the VAT element."

Aero's initial reply when I asked the question "The prices shown on the Aero web site...are they VAT included?
If not, do you charge VAT on sales within the UK?" was;

"Hi, only on sales within the UK or Europe"

which again, could be taken several different ways.
So, I subsequently asked;

"If somebody were to buy a jacket that is listed for £500 on your web site, and they lived in the UK, how much would the final charge be?
£500, or £500 plus VAT?"

to which Aero replied;

"they would pay £500.."

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
Brilliant !

I hope you jest! None of this ever for one minute made me feel otherwise. I'm not even really mad at Aero. ELC rubbed me wrong with their reply to a member here, but whatever.
I can't wait to come back the the UK. We simply didn't get enough time there and are dying to go back - after the Olympics!

Dr H

ButteMT61 said:
There's possibly another issue brewing too, but I'm holding off until I get a reply from someone involved...

Well Scott, gonna spill? :cool:

It's not the Mars landing being a hoax, is it?

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
ButteMT61 said:
There's possibly another issue brewing too, but I'm holding off until I get a reply from someone involved...

Well Scott, gonna spill? :cool:

It's not the Mars landing being a hoax, is it?

I've been "asked" to let admins handle, but I'm getting impatient. They're more worried that I posted the word "pissed" today on TFL. I am such a bad human...

SuinBruin

Speaking of which, just as an FYI, I have not gotten any response to my request that the thread on the FL be reopened or pinned.

I don't mean to call people out without cause, but it's hard to have a conversation about something if a thread is locked down and the mod won't even respond to a PM. (I had to send it here because I don't yet have that "privilege" at the other place. What a sensible system that is. :roll: ) I assume that any effort to restart the discussion at the FL or, heaven forbid, discuss the decision to lock down the first thread would result in a deletion and a banning.

IMO, as long as it's respectful, more speech is better than less speech. Let people decide for themselves after all perspectives have an equal chance at being aired.

Jeff M

Jeff M said:
Jaguar46 said:
The question, for which an answer has not been actually stated, is what do the upset folks here think Aero/ELC should do to correct the perceived errant business practice?

Easy.
Do what this company does on their sales;
Eastman A1 jacket. ;

http://www.youmustcreate.com/products/j ... er-jacket/

Their policy re; non UK sales and VAT;

http://www.youmustcreate.com/payment-and-security/

"Sales Tax
All prices on our site are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of European Union sales tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate. If your order is being despatched outside the European Union (EU) then we will deduct VAT.

When you are at your shopping bag page, you can select the intended destination for your order, and we will automatically calculate the relevant shipping and VAT."

Clear. Concise. No confusion about what they are doing.

jaguar, any thoughts on my suggestion?

ButteMT61

SuinBruin said:
Speaking of which, just as an FYI, I have not gotten any response to my request that the thread on the FL be reopened or pinned.

I don't mean to call people out without cause, but it's hard to have a conversation about something if a thread is locked down and the mod won't even respond to a PM. (I had to send it here because I don't yet have that "privilege" at the other place. What a sensible system that is. :roll: ) I assume that any effort to restart the discussion at the FL or, heaven forbid, discuss the decision to lock down the first thread would result in a deletion and a banning.

IMO, as long as it's respectful, more speech is better than less speech. Let people decide for themselves after all perspectives have an equal chance at being aired.

Many here don't bother. I see why.

Vcruiser

Yeah...
Hey..lets all 'take over' the FL and run it!! Surely we can even beat a dead horse in their house whether they like it or not! Freedom of speech,Man. Then everyone can come to my home and see what they can get away with,too! Sadly..tho..might be a short stay... :? :cool: