• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Grant

Here's a pic of the soles of my tanker boots. Given the miles walking I put on them my shoe guy added heel and toe taps.

tank.jpg

Smithy

Tim, are those ATF? They are growing on me, I getting use to the mid brown look.

Hi Dany,

No they're actually the Sturm Mil-Tec ones that I bought from Soldier Of Fortune in the UK. I've antiqued the colour using various polishes to get them to what I wanted.

They're terrific boots and seriously tough and well-made. I've been really impressed with them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. The soles and uppers are bullet-proof.

Smithy

...BTW they go really well with a pair of jeans or chinos so I find I get a lot of use out of them.

They look terrific though Dany IMHO paired with a pair of 50s cut jeans with the cuffs rolled up - but that might just be me ;-)

Dany McDonald

Double check ATF stock, they lost their manufacturer/supplier and haven't found a new one, so their boot supply is nearly used up.

Chandler, I did yesterday and from the sizes available, they may have restocked or found a new manufacturer.

Are you familiar with their sizing?

D

Smithy

Chandler, I did yesterday and from the sizes available, they may have restocked or found a new manufacturer.

Are you familiar with their sizing?

D

From the looks of it it's what they have left Dany.

Man, I'd love it if they'd restock their rough out boots. :(

Seriously Jan get some of the Sturm Mil-Tec ones, they're awesome. Apparently the first generation ones had weak soles but the current ones are bullet-proof. Like Sturm Mil-Tec's service shoes they're just terrific boots. I can't recommend either enough.

mulceber

Seriously Jan get some of the Sturm Mil-Tec ones, they're awesome. Apparently the first generation ones had weak soles but the current ones are bullet-proof. Like Sturm Mil-Tec's service shoes they're just terrific boots. I can't recommend either enough.
My only hesitation is sizing. Can you confirm how the fit compares to your Brannock device measurement?

Smithy

Cheers, I'll give them a try.

They're seriously great boots and built like a brick outhouse, I'm sure you'll like them.

Just like originals they have no padding so putting a pair of gel insoles in them helps. I put a pair of shaved down sheepskin insoles in my service shoes as I use them over winter.

Smithy

Tim can you post a link... I cant seem to find them... Tx

D

Here you go Dany...

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/shop-...w2-service-boots-russet-brown-by-mil-tec.html

One thing is like most of these boots when you buy new they have a uniform finish - even the ATF ones, so if you want them to look used it helps to "antique" them using shoe polish. Not difficult, I used successive coats of dark brown, burgundy and light tan to achieve what my boots look like above.

The Sturm Mil-Tec ones are awesome, and goodyear welted just like the ATF ones.