• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Chandler

@Dany McDonald -- FYI -- update from ATF yesterday:
This is the monthly reminder that we will not have these again- boots made in the USA are no longer possible. We're having a hell of a time getting welt soled boots made anywhere. It's a nightmare.

Notes:
We have 1 pair of 11D, 2 pairs of 9.5D, and 3 pairs of 12D.
There is 1 pair of 16D's. We will not make sizes larger than 13 again.

Wides: We have a few core sizes (10-11) in EE width. I wear 11D- but the wide (EE) are not too bad- after I added sorbothane inserts and they work fine.
This is info on the Service Shoes, BTW.

mulceber

This might be interesting. Found an auction for Dehner Tank Boots. ElC really did a great job reproducing these.

Zero link with the seller...

View attachment 103549

View attachment 103551

D
If anyone's interested in these, I just saw on eBay that they're currently on sale for 40% off:
Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 6.24.09 PM.png

Dany McDonald

Yeah, they could give Eastman a run for their money.

That takes vision and enthusiasm... In japan that be done deal and full repros boots would hit the market for summer. Have you look at their website, it's so basic that you might think it's fake...

I've seen Red wings boots made for Europe vintage market that were just beautiful, small run and expensive.

D

Stravaiger

Browsing for a new pair of dealer boots the day and selected this pair , err is it just me that would NOT wear boots in the way depicted in the ad? I have seen some crazy huge turnups cutting about lately with hipsters trying to show off their selvedge jeans too . The way shown here may be showcasing the boots in the same way. “Look at my Williams boots” I am no getting it attall the boots are good , end . Pic of hipster tu’s and boots ad
8C5FCB39-534B-4C30-9ACF-95436FD19BC1.jpeg
09DCCAA8-29BF-4044-850B-B089C09D40E1.png

Cocker

Summer's definitely back, so time for a new pair of Foempies. Been buying a new pair every year or two years and use them until they are about to fall apart, usually black, but decided to go for something just a tad different this time. I absolutely love them: Belgian brand, produced in Europe, natural material, and a very neat price of only 45EUR.

1686818177523.png

JonnyCrow

Summer's definitely back, so time for a new pair of Foempies. Been buying a new pair every year or two years and use them until they are about to fall apart, usually black, but decided to go for something just a tad different this time. I absolutely love them: Belgian brand, produced in Europe, natural material, and a very neat price of only 45EUR.

View attachment 112013
Some of my Dutch friends wear them

JonnyCrow

View attachment 112013
I have converse boots and sneakers might try a pair of these one time, I see them on vinted too, boxed cheap

mulceber

I honestly find the Foempies to be more comfortable. The removable rubber inner sole is really comfy and gives a better arch support than what Converse has to offer. Or at least had to offer, I've not had any Converse for a while now! :p
From the looks of them, the soles appear to actually be vulcanized too, meaning they won't separate from the uppers, at least not nearly as easily.

JonnyCrow

From the looks of them, the soles appear to actually be vulcanized too, meaning they won't separate from the uppers, at least not nearly as easily.
Jan I had a pair of vulcanised rubber German pt shoes I had a actual kriegsnarine pt kit as well in my reenactment group lol it was the only way I could wear it and having tattoos ;) have you watched the 3 seasons of Das Boot yet?

mulceber

You are correct, Jan! The soles are made from natural rubber and vulcanized. They actually make it a big selling point of being handmade in EU from natural/non toxic materials.

That's definitely a selling point - soles attached by partially melting them beats glue any day.

have you watched the 3 seasons of Das Boot yet?
Nope, never gotten around to it. I'll make it a priority.